Wax Forum

Wax Forum (http://www.waxforum.com/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (http://www.waxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Mothers product for 2015: All-Chrome cleaner & protectant (http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=5122)

admin 11-05-2014 08:56 AM

New Mothers product for 2015: All-Chrome cleaner & protectant

1 Attachment(s)
Mothers® California Gold® All-Chrome™ is the quick and easy way to clean, polish, and protect any hard or decorative automotive chrome finish, including chrome plating, PVD chrome, and even today’s chromed plastics. This unique spray polish takes the grunt work out of keeping your wheels, trim and accessories their shiniest, anytime, anywhere. All-Chrome™ effortlessly removes fingerprints, smudges, dust, bugs and even light water spots, leaving behind a protective barrier to keep your chrome sparkling. Just spray, wipe and buff to a brilliant shine!

abnot 11-05-2014 04:05 PM

Re: New Mothers product for 2015: All-Chrome cleaner & protectant

Is this the chrome polish with more protection in the current Chrome Polish? It is more a spray on / wipe off product?

Forrest T. 11-05-2014 06:10 PM

Al - it's a combo spray polish and instant detailer, which is unique in the category. It'll remove water spots, dried bug splats, road grime, etc, and still polish and provide protection.

It's great that it can be used on the plastic chrome used on many auto and truck grills, door handles, etc.; because regular chrome polishes are too aggressive and will damage the film.

rzatch 11-05-2014 08:29 PM

This is a much needed product especially for chrome clad wheels which are becoming the norm..

abnot 11-06-2014 03:38 AM

On my chrome wheels, I do not have much build up since I was them enough but I almost always use detail spray or spray wax to keep them shiny. This sounds like the perfect replacement for this.

rileysworld 11-12-2014 02:39 PM

The product sounds awesome! I'll have to buy one and give it a shot!

The Guz 01-10-2015 10:09 PM

It's available on Autogeek. It got a good review from Nick at autogeek.

http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-all-chrome-cleaner.html

admin 01-12-2015 09:03 AM

Chrome, though sometimes sparse on modern vehicles except for larger trucks and motorcycles, is something that needs routine detailing to maintain the shine and protection.

Mothers California Gold All-Chrome is a great answer for this solution!

It is just getting to the online etailers, and will be in Advance, Pep Boys and O'Reilly Auto Parts when they re-set for the Spring car care season...

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/p...ages/05222.jpg
Mothers® California Gold® All-Chrome™ is the quick and easy way to clean, polish, and protect any hard or decorative chrome finish, including chrome plating, PVD chrome, and even today’s chromed plastics. This unique spray polish takes the grunt work out of keeping your wheels, trim and accessories their shiniest, anytime, anywhere. All-Chrome™ effortlessly removes fingerprints, smudges, dust, bugs and even light water spots, leaving behind a protective barrier to keep your chrome sparkling. Just spray, wipe and buff to a brilliant shine!

#05222, 12 oz.

RichR 06-18-2015 07:38 PM

I just got a used car with neglected, chromed-plastic wheel covers. After washing thoroughly with Simple Green, etc., they're still spotted, probably because the car has been through more than a few Iowa winters where the road salt was left on for days and weeks at a time.

Will All-Chrome make any difference? I saw it advertised in Motor Trend and read all about it here. But I can't be dropping $10 on it only to find out the damage is permanent.

Forrest T. 06-18-2015 07:45 PM

Pictures of the hub caps would help, but generally speaking, if the chrome/plastic film is flaking off, there's not much you can do.

Oh, and welcome to waxforum.

RichR 06-19-2015 05:38 AM

It's not flaking off. It's just spotted (stained?).

Here's a link to a photo: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/497/1...c3f3a11e_s.jpg on Flickr

admin 06-19-2015 07:46 AM

Try our Chrome Polish as it's got more polishing power, but it's hard to tell from that photo how they'll clean up.

It does look like the finish may be damaged, but also has a lot of brake dust buildup.

You might be well off using a wheel cleaner product first to help dissolve that brake dust and grime build up, but that may just reveal other issues you simply can't see yet. Our Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner would be worth a try -- so clean it, then try the Chrome Polish.

RichR 06-19-2015 05:32 PM

Chrome polish? I've always thought that would be too abrasive for the "chrome" plastics. Is Mothers Chrome Polish non-abrasive? (Or, are these shiny wheel covers actually chrome plated, such that they will stand up to common chrome polish?)

admin 06-20-2015 02:49 AM

Mothers California Gold Chrome Polish is very gentle.

rileysworld 11-16-2015 05:19 AM

I finally got time yesterday to get to the chrome on my Ram. It's been a busy summer and fall, and no time to detail the way I like to! Anyway I used the All-Chrome to shine it all up after the car wash. I'm very happy with the results! One question before winter gets here, after I do this again should I do my routine of two coats of wax to help protect the chrome on the rims? Or will the All-Chrome save me the time to skip the wax?

admin 11-16-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileysworld (Post 30436)
I finally got time yesterday to get to the chrome on my Ram. It's been a busy summer and fall, and no time to detail the way I like to! Anyway I used the All-Chrome to shine it all up after the car wash. I'm very happy with the results! One question before winter gets here, after I do this again should I do my routine of two coats of wax to help protect the chrome on the rims? Or will the All-Chrome save me the time to skip the wax?

Our California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax would act as additional protection, and that would be a good idea in your area. California Gold Spray Wax would be 2nd best.

rileysworld 11-16-2015 02:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A little results!

admin 11-16-2015 02:57 PM

Looking Good, Riley!

Trac_511 04-25-2016 09:02 PM

Finally saw this at my local Pep Boys. Picked one up and looking forward to trying it out. Will post results!