Wax Forum
 Page 1 of 2   1   2 >

Wax Forum (http://www.waxforum.com/index.php)
-   Paint Care (http://www.waxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What Mothers' Sealer and Glaze plus pure carnauba looks like over perfect restoration (http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=421)

Alfisti 11-25-2004 10:02 PM

What Mothers' Sealer and Glaze plus pure carnauba looks like over perfect restoration

Here are some photos of my recent project. :D

Several days polishing with Menzerna duo with PC, 2x Sealer and Glaze (very under-rated, in my opinion), and pure carnauba.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17477smhpim2851.jpg
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17477smhpim2884.jpg
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17477smhpim2969.jpg
:D

Mama's Boy 11-26-2004 07:05 AM

Re: What Mothers' Sealer and Glaze plus pure carnauba looks like over perfect restoration

Veeeerrrrrrry Nice! :cool:

Forrest T. 11-26-2004 11:17 AM

Re: What Mothers' Sealer and Glaze plus pure carnauba looks like over perfect restoration

Is that a 220 in the background???

Mik 11-26-2004 03:00 PM

Re: What Mothers' Sealer and Glaze plus pure carnauba looks like over perfect restora

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest T.

That's what I was wondering

Alfisti 11-26-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest T.

Yep. My current project. :eek: :D

I'll post some pics when I'm done.

MAMAMIA 11-26-2004 05:19 PM

WOW, awesome restoration :)

Alfisti 11-28-2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAMAMIA
WOW, awesome restoration

Thanks, Mamamia. It was a great job, but a little time consuming. The very complex body shape made it difficult to use the PC at any great speed and wrecked a couple of pads.

As, I said up top, I was very impressed with Sealer and Glaze on a perfect finish.

I'm not a big fan of products that fill imperfections, normally, because I'd rather fix them than hide them. In the real world that's not always possible, so S&G creates an excellent gloss on imperfect finishes...but on a perfect surface...wow! :eek:

The up coming XJ220 job is much easier, but it won't look as spectacular, as the colour is silver - not deep enough colour. Just have to let the car itself do the wowing!

bluemoon 12-07-2004 05:54 PM

That is one terrrrrrific job. I have to agree, S&G doesn't get near the respect it desrves. I am not sure why tho, very easly to use and provides great results as is demonstrated in the pics.

MAMAMIA 12-08-2004 07:20 AM

Alfisti, what do you use for repairing swirls and spiderwebbing etc? :confused:

Alfisti 12-08-2004 06:07 PM

Menzerna duo - Intensive Polish, followed by Finishing Polish II. :)

MAMAMIA 12-09-2004 07:10 AM

Menzerna, excellent products, does MOTHERS have an equivalent I wander? What machine do you use and pads? Sorry for the questions Alfisti, but your a pro and pro's have lots of answers :D

Dr Groove 12-10-2004 06:35 PM

Question: can SG be used over wax to add a bit more "zip" to the finish without removing any of the wax?

That is a fine job on the old jag!

Forrest T. 12-10-2004 08:50 PM

Re: What Mothers' Sealer and Glaze plus pure carnauba looks like over perfect restora

You can use Sealer and Glaze over existing wax. It won't last too long though - less than a week.

Alfisti 12-12-2004 07:02 AM

Quote:

Menzerna, excellent products, does MOTHERS have an equivalent I wander?

Maybe the new PowerPolish. I don't know how abrasive it will be and what level of repair it can handle. There's also a couple of Pro line products that Mothers has with which I have no experience. Maybe Forest can field this one.

Quote:

What machine do you use and pads?
I use a PC and several types of pads. With the IP I use either Lake Country or Sonus orange light-cutting pads, and with FPII, I use a Megs polishing pad. :)

911 12-17-2004 09:50 PM

Alfisti, have you ever used Mothers Reflections polish? I have not seen it via retail shops in Melbourne.

Alfisti 12-20-2004 06:52 PM

911, I haven't tried Reflections, although I would like to. I hear nothing but raves about it. I have too many other waxes to get through, and having just bought about 30 bottles of Hot Wheels Premium Wax on eBay, it'll be a while before I can get to it. :)

I've seen reflections in and around melbourne at Autobarn and SuperCheap Autos.

Which suburb do you hail from?

MAMAMIA 12-21-2004 06:57 AM

Hello, just wandering, why would you buy 30bottles of Hotwheel wax on ebay? Is it not sold through your local retailers? Heard HOTWHEELS is really hot on dark colored vehicles...... :rolleyes:

Alfisti 12-21-2004 07:07 AM

Yes it is sold locally....for $32 a bottle!!

I got the 30 bottles off eBay (at varying times) for less than $100 plus shipping.

You do the maths. :)

MAMAMIA 12-21-2004 07:39 AM

WOW, $32 Aussie Dollars? Thats quite high....... 100 bucks for 30 pcs is an excellent deal... :D

Alfisti 12-21-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

100 bucks for 30 pcs is an excellent deal... :D

I reckon! :D