Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll jump in a give my .02 on the HT Light Cut. I`m relatively new to professional-type detailing, but I really like the HT LC. I used it with a PC on a silver truck and dark blue car. Both came out very nice and smooth. It was easy to use and went on and off nicely. Does a good job in just one pass depending on the condition of the vehicle (which also depends on which tool you choose: PC or rotary).

In comparison, the only other SMR-type products I have used have been the Menzerna Intensive and Final Inspection (I did not like this combo much at all) and the Poorboys SSR1, SSR2, and SSR3 (I like these as well as the Hi Temp). So, take my limited opinion for what it`s worth (.02 ).
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

What combo to use next? jeff2417's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SamIam:

I`m glad rtbrick chimed in on this one. I do all my work by hand. So if those with buffers want to give you advice, they`d probably be the ones to answer your questions.

I will let you know that 3M products however, are great. I used them in the following order:

Detergent Wash
    Clay Bar
    Detergent Wash
    3M Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Colored Cars
    3M Imperial Hand Glaze
    3m Show Car Wax---CRAP so, I went with
    Zymol Cleaner Wax

I wasn`t THAT impressed with the SMR, but the Imperial Hand Glaze is good stuff(VERY HARD TO WORK WITH), and the Show Car Wax sucks ass, so I used Zymol Cleaner Wax. Others have said it might have taken some of the IHG off, but cleaner wax isn`t that abrasive. Attached is a pic of that process` results.

BTW, What`s Einzatt?

Jeff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sure, it`s shiny, but how smooth is it, and how does it look in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, Einszatt is

a line of products developed in Germany. I have seen some great results (in pictures) and heard a lot of positive feedback from users regarding Einszatt`s line of polishes, wax and interior care products. Their Glanz wax is a synthetic wax that goes on like water and solidifies on the car, according to what I hear. The polishes are supposed to work well with a Porter Cable Random Orbital. The interior stuff supposedly leaves a matte finish, like a new car. I`m always up for trying something new!

Right now, I use Poorboys EX, Platinum and S100, and am happy with all. I have a test going on on my black Audi A8`s hood. Have it split into quarters with Platinum, Klasse AIO & SG, Meguirs #26 and Poorboys EX. Been there for about 4 weeks and all are still beading. Will wash tomorrow and update results.

SamIam

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, keep me updated on those results! And how, pretell, do us non-Germans get our hands on the Einzatt products?

jeff.
    Sure, it`s shiny, but how smooth is it, and how does it look in direct sunlight?

Boss_429
    Autopia handles some of the Einszatt products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Einzatt sounds pretty exclusive. Anyone used this?

jeff.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe JGV has had experience with some of there products. Shoot him a pm and ask.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Got BASS...Will travel!!! MetalSludge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After reading this it makes me wish I would have gotten TS instead of a new jug of P21S last week. I have never used the P21S.

Can you layer that as well like the TS?
    Tommy
    2002 Ford Ranger
    I wanna go fishing now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice review and pics. But you might want to throw a MF under that can when you put it on your impecable paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Thomasfl
    nice review and pics. But you might want to throw a MF under that can when you put it on your impecable paint.

:-p

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, that really looks fantastic!!!!! Between you and Boss I may just have to get me some TS but I ain`t tossin` the P21s just yet!
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Metal,
    No need to worry....you will not be dissapointed in the P21S wax.
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! I didn`t realize the car was blue until the 3rd pic - I thought it was all reflection!

Not to hijack the thread, but I use the Einszett line on my vinyl and love it. Worth checking out!
    Dawn
    `01 Buick Regal GS - Charcoal grey - GONE
    `01 Ford Ranger XLT - Dark blue
    `05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Stone White

Boss_429
    Originally posted by MetalSludge
    After reading this it makes me wish I would have gotten TS instead of a new jug of P21S last week. I have never used the P21S.

Can you layer that as well like the TS?
    I doubt that you`ll notice much difference on black between the TS, and the P21S. You can layer the P21S to an extent, but IMHO, it doesn`t seem to improve the look. However, after the first coat of P21S, I doubt that you`ll be looking for an improvement! You`ll see what we mean once you get a coat on!

Boss_429
    Natty,

I think you`d like the TS........... at least on colors that can be darkened, like red, burgundy, blues, browns........... etc., the TS should work extremely well......... especially with layers. It acts somewhat similar to P21S, in that it looks better after it sits and cures for a while. But, the TS seems to look a bit better with additional coats on certain colors! P21S tends to look the same with one coat, or three coats. However, the look of one coat of P21S is awfully tough to beat!

In the end, it`s splitting hairs, simply to prove that hairs can be split! :lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information