Post Thanks / Like

first engine cleaning

I`m about to attempt to clean my first engine area it`s a 1993 mazda 626. I`m going to try Tassadar method see his post engine detailing farther down on the page. Sorry I don`t have a camera yet. This is going to be a practice run I need to get under the hood of my Harley truck soon. Wish me luck. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    On my older engines that are really DIRTY I`d just go to the high pressure car wash, leave the engine running and go to work. I`d soak it with the tire soap they have in the high pressure washer, then use regular soap, rinse and then I`d have to wash the rest of the car because of the splatter from washing the engine while it`s running.

I`d always try to keep the nozzle away from the computer. I`ve never had a problem but I do it when I don`t have to be anywhere right away and when I had help available if needed. As I said.....I`ve never had a problem and the engine comes out clean with almost no effort on my part. Then I can start detailing it if I want.

There have even been a couple of times when I`d forget to leave the engine running and it has always started right up. I"ve been nervous every time but never any problem. Others might scream in horror. :bigscream
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like to leave the engine running for risk of burning chemicals onto metal parts. One of my cars (the 90 Stang) allready has enough burned metal parts from time, I dont need it any worse.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Thread Information