Thread: P21S Questions

Post Thanks / Like

P21S Questions

hi all I am new here and new to the detailing thing. Well I have always loved nice clean sharp looking vehicles but never owned one till now that was worth the time to get it to look nice. I just bought a black 2001 ford f-150 extended cab and I want to shine her up nice. I was looking over the products at PremiumAutoCare and really like the sounds of the P21S products and have read good things about them on other sites. I was wandering what your thoughts on the following products are and if there worth there money and what exactly they do:

P21S - Carnauba Wax
    P21S - Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser
    P21S - Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo
    P21S - Total Auto Wash
    P21S - Mulit Finish Restorer

And is there any real benifit to paste wax over liquid? It seems all detail shops use paste but the majority of the independent detail people use liquid wax. Whats the big difference in the 2?

Thanks for all your help

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    A paste wax generally will have a higher content of Carnauba. Since carnauba is rock hard in its natrual form it can`t be in liquid waxes to the extent that they can put it in a more solid paste wax. The benefit to a liquid wax is speed of application. You can generally zip out a car with a liquid wax in about half the time it takes to do it by hand. That`s why the shops use it. its also a great way to fill and cover swirl marks and other surface imperfections.

All I`ve used on that line are the P21S paste wax and the Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. Both of those products are awesome and can be compared to none. The paintwork cleanser is what you use first to clean the paint better than any car wash could. Then top that with the paste wax and your truck will look great. Neither one of those products will do much for swirls or other surface problems, but they will definitely make a huge difference in what the truck looks like.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the entire P21S line of products.I love the stuff. On black I really recommend Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or better yet Menzerna,followed by Pinnacle Souveran.The Menzerna and Souveran are absolutely stunning on black. It makes dark colors look like a shimmering pool.No carnauba looks better on black.However,the P21S is much cheaper and more versatile.Both apply and remove like butter.Neither are very durable.On light colors I prefer Pinnacle Paste Glaz or P21S,with a slight preference for Paste Glaz on silver.

This is only my personal opinion of course.Im not a professional detailer.Maybe I should just sit quietly on my bucket,and watch...

Boss_429
    NozeBleed,

Well, I`m not a pro detailer either, but I thought you put it rather well!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re new to detailing, you might as well know that while the wax is important, the true key is surface preparation. The paint must be glass-smooth and swirl free before you apply any wax or paint sealant. On a black vehicle, it`s going to mean buying a Porter Cable polisher and polishing the vehicle with a product like 3M Swirl Remover in order to get the finish prepared for your wax. In any case, while P21S is one of the best waxes around, many enthusiasts now seem to be going for acrylic sealants for their longer durability and then topping them off with P21S for that "carnuba glow". Some of the most widely used sealants are Klasse, Platinum and Poorboys EX, all of which are superb products and also available at Premimum Auto Care. Unfortuntately, black is absolutely the most difficult color to deal with, as it shows every paint imperfection and, while others may disagree, I really think it is virtually impossible to deal with it by hand. I think you should be looking into that Porter Cable in the immediate future if you want to get any real results, in my opinion at least.

Thread Information