Thread: 303 misleading?

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

303 misleading?

Here`s a quote from the 303 website. Do you people think that this can be misleading? When I first read this it kind of sounds like they`re saying all silicones are bad. To the average consumer when they first read this they might get the impression that all silicones are bad. This is how I thought before I discovered detailcity and other detail sites. So, when a consumer sees a product that has silicones in it, they don`t buy it because they think it`s bad. However, just because a product has silicones doesn`t make it bad. It could have the good silicones in it. (pdms) Don`t get me wrong here, I`m not trying to bash 303. I use it and like it. I`m just wondering about their marketing technique?

303 Aerospace UV Protectant vs. all other Protectants

"Leading Brand" protectant products contain silicone oils giving them their oily, greasy, dirt attracting nature. Some even contain petroleum distillates (petrochemicals)!....which should never be used on rubber or vinyl and most other plastics.

303 For Tires

"303 Aerospace Protectant contains no petrochemicals or silicone oils and does not remove the protective waxes.
    Petrochemicals and silicone oils can remove the protective waxes and increase the rate of degradation. Common automotive "protectants" and "tire dressings" are typically devoid of UV stabilizers of any type and contain petrochemicals and/or silicone oils which dissolve away the protective waxes and can actually aggress the sidewall."
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys Natural Look blows 303 away....imo.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it`s misleading I think they are trying not to name names - when most people think of vinyl and interior dressing they probably only think of one or two names They do say "common" protectants.
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information