Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Final Polish

Been thinking about getting some of this. I noticed that there is two versions of this, the original and Final Polish II. Anybody use both and if so what is the difference between them? What one is the better polish? TIA for your help.

Oh by the way this is my first post here. I have been lurking for some time and think it`s a great place with a lot of helpful people:cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC!

About the FP, if you want a true final polish then the FP is the one; The so called FP-II is more like a finishing product with abrasives, like FMJ with abrasives. It`s easier to work tho, but it leaves something there
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve not used FPII but the original sometimes left a little residue that didn`t just wipe off. No problem, A little 50/50 water alcohol spritz cleared it right up. From what I`m reading, the reformulation is mainly to address that issue. However, again from what I`ve read, that was only a problem in more hot/humid areas so I would not expect you to have a problem with it in Ontario.

I like FP but I have to say you should consider PB SSR1 too. SSR1 leaves a little more shine on the finish. Both are easy to work aside of FP`s occassional stickies. FP cleans up off the pads more completely and easily.

and :welcome
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I`m reading, the reformulation is mainly to address that issue.
    Plain BS. There was no reformulation, they are diferent products....

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Now that`s interesting ... how do they differ? <pulling up a chair and taking a seat to listen>
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you didn`t fall asleep yet :-p

Menzerna is in Europe one of the most important abrasives company. They are supplier to Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Renault, etc. They have a wide range of abrasives including wood, plastics, steel, etc. They supply the guitar maker Fender, for example.

This is to demonstrate how big is a company like Menzerna.

In Europe Menzerna only sells polishes, compounds, glazes, etc. to pros. They sold me *1* bottle of PO85U for me to test but now if I want more I have to buy a full case (6 bottles).

In the USA, general public usually takes good care of their cars, they polish it themselves, wax it, and so on. In Europe 0.00001% or less do it also. That makes the general public market interesting there, so, Menzerna USA had to make the products more user friendly. That was visible when they first introduced the Menzerna twins there and everybody was calling them gluezerna, as they were supposed to be used by pros, they were not so easy to use as, say, ScratchX.
    We had already the PO73 wax (or glaze as they call it there), I sent a sample of it to Dwayne last year.
    Early this year it was introduced here 2 new products, the PO85U glaze without silicones, and the PO85RD, same as PO85U but with abrasives. Their point was, either you finish with IP, FP and PO73 or PO85U, or you finish with IP, PO85RD, to be faster.

This new products went also to the US, but because of the general public orientation, they called them FMJ, FTG, and FP-II. They also added pink colorant to PO85U, to make it look different from PO85RD and IP.

In the end, what`s more important is that they all work great, but lets not be so pompous (like CMA) to say that they asked Menzerna to reformulate FP and make FP-II!

Got it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Got ya!! Thanks for the low-down.

Aside - Ferrari rules. :mohawk

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a little confused now. So you are saying they are not the same product reformulated for easier use? They are in fact two completely different products? If this is true CMA is misleading everybody. According to them the two products are the same except Final Polish II has something added to it to increase the amount of time you can work it.

I am looking for a very fine polish to finish off before sealing. Don`t want any fillers to hide defects. I guess Final Polish I is the one I want.

jgv, it sounds like you have used both versions. Are you saying Final Polish II is not a pure polish and that it leaves some protection behind? If this is true anybody that orders FP II thinking it is an easier to use version of FP I is being misled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jgv
    Hope you didn`t fall asleep yet :-p

Menzerna is in Europe one of the most important abrasives company. They are supplier to Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Renault, etc. They have a wide range of abrasives including wood, plastics, steel, etc. They supply the guitar maker Fender, for example.

This is to demonstrate how big is a company like Menzerna.

In Europe Menzerna only sells polishes, compounds, glazes, etc. to pros. They sold me *1* bottle of PO85U for me to test but now if I want more I have to buy a full case (6 bottles).

In the USA, general public usually takes good care of their cars, they polish it themselves, wax it, and so on. In Europe 0.00001% or less do it also. That makes the general public market interesting there, so, Menzerna USA had to make the products more user friendly. That was visible when they first introduced the Menzerna twins there and everybody was calling them gluezerna, as they were supposed to be used by pros, they were not so easy to use as, say, ScratchX.
    We had already the PO73 wax (or glaze as they call it there), I sent a sample of it to Dwayne last year.
    Early this year it was introduced here 2 new products, the PO85U glaze without silicones, and the PO85RD, same as PO85U but with abrasives. Their point was, either you finish with IP, FP and PO73 or PO85U, or you finish with IP, PO85RD, to be faster.

This new products went also to the US, but because of the general public orientation, they called them FMJ, FTG, and FP-II. They also added pink colorant to PO85U, to make it look different from PO85RD and IP.

In the end, what`s more important is that they all work great, but lets not be so pompous (like CMA) to say that they asked Menzerna to reformulate FP and make FP-II!

Got it?
    Jose,

Of course I do not have all the answers as I do not have direct access to the part numbers that you have over there but I do have direct access to CMA and have even had the chance to speak briefly with Jeff Silver, President of Menzerna USA, once on the phone.

I can assure you that as a gesture of appreciation for what CMA has done for Menzerna in the United States that Menzerna does indeed listen to and formulate products at the request of CMA.

Now that I have had the chance to use the products.... the product that you sent me last summer is , like you said, a very close cousin to Klasse AIO. It has a very similar look, smell, feel and performance.

The FMJ that I have used is nothing at all like the product that you sent to me. Not even close. It is very different not only in look and smell but also in spreadability and slickness.

This is all that I know about this subject. For more information about the Menzerna products I strongly suggest calling Jon at CMA at 1-800-628-7596 or by emailing Jon Freiberg at jonf@properautocare.com

Thanks,

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

JGV is correct. I have a freind who uses Menzerna in his body shop operations. He had given me some of their glaxe and sealer, which are basically the same products CMA is selling. These are the European products JGV is giving you the codes for.

The FT glaze is the same, FMJ is hot pink color, but smells and looks the same as it`s Eropean version. The glaze smells alot like 3 M Pink Fill & Glaze, the stuff I got from CMA is yellow in color the same as the European Version. FPII is a tan color. I havent tried it. According to CMA they have added oils to it to give it a longer work time.

If you want to barnish the paint, for best gloss and haze, minor webbing removal, stick with the regular FP. Use a higher speed on your PC 4-5.5. Give the pannel a final wipe down with 50/50 water alcohol. Anything you use to glaze and seal the paint with will adhere better.

I bought two Menzerna kits from CMA. I detailed an old car I had. It`s a 1994 Honda Accord. The car is white and has been instorage outside for two years. The paint was badly oxidized, and grey in color. My steps for restoring the paint were as follows.

1)Wash with Dawn
    2)Dry
    3) Compound with Menzerna Intensive Polish and a Rotory, I used a foam pad
    4) Polish with PC, using Fine Cut Pad and 3M Finess it II
    5) Wash and Dry Car
    6) Polish with PC 4.5-5 setting and Foam pad, I used FPII
    7) Wipe off any residue with 50/50 water and alcohol
    8) Glaze with FT glaze, I tried a few pannels with the European Version, results were the same
    9) Finish with FMJ, tried a few pannels with European Version, results were the same.

The car looked better than new. Paint is flawless and looks wet. I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon. The FMJ is awsome, it`s rained here in NY the past three days, and the FMJ still beads. Paint looks clear and road film is not sticking.

JGV`s advice is correct, the FPII is a different product. I don`t think Menzerna reformulated anything for the US market. The glaze and FMJ are the same product with FMJ having a dye added.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: once on the phone !!!

Originally posted by detaled by hans
    Guess your not going to sell FMJ ???????
    Sure I will. I have FMJ in stock and just need to spend some time putting it on the website.

I have even sent some out to some DC members who have asked for it.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne,

Will FMJ and The Glaze be sold in larger containers ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dwayne
    Jose,

Of course I do not have all the answers as I do not have direct access to the part numbers that you have over there but I do have direct access to CMA and have even had the chance to speak briefly with Jeff Silver, President of Menzerna USA, once on the phone.

I can assure you that as a gesture of appreciation for what CMA has done for Menzerna in the United States that Menzerna does indeed listen to and formulate products at the request of CMA.

Now that I have had the chance to use the products.... the product that you sent me last summer is , like you said, a very close cousin to Klasse AIO. It has a very similar look, smell, feel and performance.

The FMJ that I have used is nothing at all like the product that you sent to me. Not even close. It is very different not only in look and smell but also in spreadability and slickness.

This is all that I know about this subject. For more information about the Menzerna products I strongly suggest calling Jon at CMA at 1-800-628-7596 or by emailing Jon Freiberg at jonf@properautocare.com

Thanks,

Dwayne
    Dwayne, let me first remark again that what I sent you is not the FMJ but the FTG.

Now I`ll start from the finish. I wont contact CMA as I`m not their costumer, I`m your costumer, this is why I exchanged PMs with you concerning this.

I did contacted Jeff from Menzerna USA a while ago, asking questions about your products and my products. This was when I received my PO85U. Jeffs answer was a suggestion for me to advise with whom sold me the products. Now, after this thread he emailed me offering his help and asking from where I was. :huh

As I didn`t got my help there, I contacted our Menzerna distributor and after some pushing and twisting arms I had them contacting Germany about `our` products and `your` products.

What I wrote is the result, their answer.

I don`t pretend to have all the answers, mostly because we are discussing nothing, we all agree that Menzerna products, pink or white, out-preform most products on the market, and if you remember, Dwayne, I was one of those who insisted that you should start selling Menzerna.

For those who never used them, do it, it`ll give a superb finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I did misread about the FMJ/FTG. My bad.

But I do think that contacting CMA would be an excellent resource for accurate information about the Menzerna products available in the U.S.

They really are good people and not pompous at all and are happy to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dwayne
    Oops, I did misread about the FMJ/FTG. My bad.

But I do think that contacting CMA would be an excellent resource for accurate information about the Menzerna products available in the U.S.

They really are good people and not pompous at all and are happy to help.
    There`s no one so happy to help like you Dwayne! :cool Skip CMA.

Before CMA started selling Menzerna Power Gloss (S34A) their excuse for not doing it was that it was a too arsh product so they refused to sell it, now everyone has it.

And as for that 50/50 solution to remove Menzerna products it was a way to tell they are hard to work with, but they are not, you just have to know how to work with them. They wipe off easily.

I`m not lisening anything CMA says, I always check personally things before I comment them, and as I like Menzerna products, I don`t like all these stories around something simple.

-----------------------------------

About my story with CMA, it started when I tried to order them that E-Z detail brush you couldn`t supply me, remember? Well, they replied me saying they wouldn`t accept international orders under $100USD. So I put toghether an order with that brush, some 4" foam pads and other stuff, total was close to $101 USD. I requested them a quote for shipment and they said they wouldn`t quote it, I`d have to make my order, give them my CC and then they would charge it as neccessary :wait .
    Others have complained about them also.

I`m happy that I found friends on the USA who were kind enough to send me those products and tools that I couldn`t order directly.

As for suppliers, most I have are here, on DC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information