Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang`s review

Finally had the time and weather to use these products. I did my wife`s car and it`s silver metallic. I like the bottles. Heavy duty and the lids were tight. Also the labels are cool. I did everything by hand AND in the sun. Absolutely no major problems removing any product.The Auto Bathe is a nice carwash. I used half of the sample bottle and had plenty of suds left. It left the car slick and with a nice shine . It was easy to rinse off. As much as I liked the carwash no way am I paying sixty dollars a gallon. To me that`s outrageous. The polish was my favorite. The foam applicator is well a foam applicator. Nothing special. I did one section at a time and wiped off immediately. I did two and three sections at a time and then wiped them off. Some spots I did thicker than others to see how it wiped off. Of course it loaded up the micro. When it did I just moved on until the sun dried it then came back and wiped it off. At first I was disappointed in how the car looked until I remembered to take off my sunglasses. With the glasses off the metallic sparkled brilliantly. Really nice shine. I was very impressed with this product. I used the micro applicator with the sealant and it was easy on easy off. This was the first time I ever used a Micro applicator and I think it absorbs too much. Speaking of too much I think the bottle openings could be smaller. Once the micro became saturated with the product I would apply a little more pressure to squeeze the sealant out of the applicator and onto the car. This helped contribute to a thin coat. Once I removed the sealant I think the car was darker,deeper and not as reflective. I`ll use the detail spray sometime tomorrow as it says cure time is 12/24 hours for the sealant. Overall I like the line of products I used especially the polish. I would like the products to smell better but I won`t say they smell bad. Now the test comes when my wife gets home and hear what she has to say about it. Thanks for kit Dwayne it was a pleasure using them.
    Last edited by rabbi; 04-07-2004 at 01:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review rabbi

The Wolfgang product line continues to intrigue me. Keep us updated on the durabilty and your opinion on how it compares to other products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang`s review

Originally posted by rabbi
    <snip> ... At first I was disappointed in how the car looked until I remembered to take off my sunglasses. ... <snip>

good review - Ihave not tried them in the sun yet. good to hear your experience there.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang`s review

Originally posted by rabbi
    Once I removed the sealant I think the car was darker,deeper and not as reflective.
    Rabbi, I noticed the same outcome on my 2002 silver Lesabre. It was darker, great looking metallic flakes but didn`t have the "pop" that UPP gives it. I will go back to UPP on the Lesabre. NOW on my black Suburban--I am really impressed with the Wolfgang--I did both of these 2 weeks ago and will see on the durability issues.
    FYI I used on PC vs doing it by hand.
    Thanks
    bill g

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m love the new WG sealant. Applied after SSR1 creates a killer look. I topped it with Pinnacle Souveran and then went swimming in the paint!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I use the Wolf`s sealant again it`ll be on my dark green metallic. I`ll see what it does to the flake in a dark color. Compared to UPP on my wife`s silver it`s not as near brilliant. UPP will be my choice of synthetic sealants concerning my wife`s silver metal flake. Also I think the Wolfer`s Aotu Bathe compares favorably with the Sonax Gloss Shampoo in regards to slickness. I used the new Super Soft Waflle Weave Drying Towel that I received from Dwayne this past Monday. This towel seemed to literally suck up the water on the car. This towel exceeded my expectations. I have the mini towel but this is a much better towel to use in terms of drying the entire car. Car was completely dry and the towel barely damp. Oh yeah I forgot! My wife did notice the car she said "it looked much cleaner (I would hope so! LOL) but it`s not as shiney as that other stuff"! She`s talking about the UPP I put on previously. I told her I`m glad she noticed and I agree.
    Last edited by rabbi; 04-07-2004 at 05:55 PM.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by membim
    I`m love the new WG sealant. Applied after SSR1 creates a killer look. I topped it with Pinnacle Souveran and then went swimming in the paint!
    Did you go straight from SSR1 to WG sealant, or did you apply the WG pre-cleaner first?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a good reveiw rabbi. You gotta love those drying towels!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review Rabbi, and I couldn`t agree with you more on it. The openings of the bottles were a bit on the large side--marketing scheme to get you to use more and order faster I guess. I liked how even the MF applicator applied, but it did soak up quite a bit. For a hand applicator, I will stick to the yellow round ones, or even the Poorboy`s PVA. Price of the soap is outrageous, but it was pretty good. Smells could be better overall.

The actual product was very nice. Laid down great, a little bit of residue, and fantastic results.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the Wolfer`s website and couldn`t find where to do their survey. I`m thinking it`s too late. I tried to live up to my end of the bargain. This was my 1st detail of the year. The weather did not cooperate with me in getting to detail sooner.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they won`t sell enough of the soap at that price and will lower it. That would be cool since I really liked it. I wonder if that has happened before?
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know Kee. It does sound good though. If you like it and you think it`s worth 60 dollars then get it. You work it`s your money. My sanity has been questioned for the purchase of Pinnacle`s Souveran Paste. Am I:crazy ? Probably!
    "I`m staying out of it."

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by keeotee
    Maybe they won`t sell enough of the soap at that price and will lower it. That would be cool since I really liked it. I wonder if that has happened before?
    They definitely won`t sell that many at that price as there are many better value product out there. But if they `ever` lower their price , they might just see that they have more to gain from more people buying it.
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Wolfgang kit on the way so I will do my Antharcite Grey Metallic paint this saturday and give ya my own review - looking forward to trying it !!
    You have activated my special ability....

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CarGlow
    Did you go straight from SSR1 to WG sealant, or did you apply the WG pre-cleaner first?
    I went straight to the WG from the SSR1. Had no problems. Should I have used the pre sealant from WG???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information