Post Thanks / Like

Talking Bought a used boat and want to

like the title reads, I bought a used 18` runabout it has a good enough shine for the everage person :-p but not for us that are looking for the best reflections possible. Can someone give me a play by play on how to detail a boat I do have a PC and a rotory.

A list of what I have on hand
    for cleaners I have wolfgang,klass,pinnacle .for polymer sealents I have Adams Butter wax, poorboys Ex,EX-P, Meg#7, klass, for wax I have , Swissol, Zymol,Ps21,TS,Souvaran,Griots,TOL pizzaz,
    can I use any of the above?:dunno

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Klasse is going to be the only thing that takes the abuse....I`d do AIO + a few layers of SG.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    While this is in the Professional forum, it appears that you are doing your boat.
    Meguiar`s makes a marine line that includes several cleaners, polishes and oxidation removers. They also have several marine waxes and sealants.
    Having said all that, I use Klasse AIO for a cleaner/polish and 4 Star UPP for a sealant on my 1993 Chris Craft 197 Concept I/O.
    It seems to be a combination that is working quite well. It also is the same combo I use on a mini-van with good results. I use 303 on all the vinyl.
    You seem to have good products on hand and IMO, unless you are dealing with severe oxidation, I wouldn`t bother purchasing anyhing more.
    The Klasse AIO you have and the Poorboy`s EX-P would seem to be close to the AIO/UPP combo I use. AIO with the PC and a polishing pad, works great. On a car, I often do the AIO by hand, but the boat is a lot of area and the PC does make it easier and faster.
    Check out this thread for a different way of appying the AIO. I haven`t tried it yet, but it sounds ideal for doing a boat.
    http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...ght=AIO+advice

I do the entire boat before it goes in the water and I do as much as I can reach when it is on a lift at least once during the season.
    I also clean it periodically with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. Again, what I can reach with the boat on a lift.

End of book!
    Charles

Thread Information