Post Thanks / Like

White Escape this Wed.

I was asked to detail a white Escape this Wednesday. On such short notice I don`t have time to order stuff online so I`m gonna pick up some products off the shelf. I have everything taken care of up untill the wax. Here are the waxes I have in mind:

Mothers Pure Carnauba
    NXT
    Gold Class
    Turtle Wax Ultra Something

Keep in mind it`s a white car. I`ll try to post pics. It`s my first full detail on a paying customers car and I`m an inexperienced 16 yr old newbie, so I`m really going to try to do a good job. Any suggestion on the waxes I listed or others?

Post Thanks / Like
    If your going with over the counter stuff,. Megs has a body scrub that is good as a cleaner. What you have going for you is that its white and will not show the swirls as much. I`d then use a one of the waxes that you have after that. Its about the best combo that you can give on the short notice and by hand. Another thing to look for is Klasse AIO (all in one) its a grea one step system and will give you back a good shine.

Last but not least, take your time and work slow so that you do the best job that you can!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re doing an Escape you definatly want Stoner Trim Shine with all that plastic cladding. Off the shelf I would go with Meg`s Deep Crystal Cleaner, Meg`s Deep Crystal Polish, NXT.....applied in that order. White might have rust spots in it from the brakes so you may need a clay bar to get them out. If you don`t have a random orbit polisher, get some white terry towels and use them to apply the cleaner/polish. Don`t be affraid to use pressure when using the towels.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Here`s what I`m thinking. First putting on NXT followed by Mothers Pure Carnauba. Does the NXT have to wait a certain period of time to `cure` though? Since it might not be possible, will one coat of NXT be enough for shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT needs 24 hours to cure before applying a second coat or topping. The Meguiar`s site also says that if that is not possible that you may do a second coat after an hour. I don`t know if that would apply to topping though.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SpoiledMan
    NXT needs 24 hours to cure before applying a second coat or topping. The Meguiar`s site also says that if that is not possible that you may do a second coat after an hour. I don`t know if that would apply to topping though.
    Sorry but...huh?

Thread Information