Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipe....

What a horrible product!!
    I was at Carlilse`s Custom Compact at Harrisburg this past weekend to display my car. The web site that`s sponsoring my S60R as their project car had an indoor space reserved for the show. Just so happened I forgot to bring any of my MF towels, except for the big blue drying MF towel, and that`s not where the nightmare ends. Luckily (so I thought), meguiar`s booth was next to ours, so I decided to give their Ultimate Wipe a try since I have nothing to QD the car with. Prior to the show, I had 5 layers of UPP on the car before I washed the car and dried it before entered the show.
    OMFG....did Ultimate Wipe left some crazy swirl-like scratches on the car or what!!! I was sure not a happy camper after that, so I just gave up and just display the car the way it was. I hope the others at the show didn`t think the shine was achieved with Meguiar`s products. I should have walked back to them and tell them to take care of the scratches.
    Luckily after washing the car after I got home, I put another layer of UPP on that same area after QD it first...everything seemed to go away, or at least hidden.

One interesting thing, though....not sure if it was a compliment or simple ignorance from the show attendees. This group of guys were just so impressed with the shine, they decided to FEEL the paint with their hands, and NO..not with back of their hands but with their greasy fingers and palms. Of course, they did this not knowing I am the owner of the car. Maybe I should have made my presence known. It was certainly fun showing off the car, but with some of the minor annoyances I`m not sure if I`d ever participate these kind of kiddy "import show." :hurl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kai! Is your S60R the Blue lowered Volvo that has been featured in European Car? If so, AMAZING! Glad to have you on the board otherwise

If you used the relatively thin and black stitched ultimate wipe, those are the old version. The new version is alot thicker, has a better weave, and is stitchless. I would recommend looking into em, even though they are somewhat expensive.

Stay on the board!

Post Thanks / Like
    how long have the new versions been around (do they have any black around the edges)? I have used some Megs ultimate wipes that were purchased within the last 3 or 4 months, along with one purchased about 14 months ago and didn`t see or notice a difference between the 2. I thought they worked great and left no trace behind. I used them to do the final buff and for QDing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they were introduced within the last couple weeks or so.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Kai - I am very sorry to hear about your scratches. That`s horrible.
    The new Ultimate Wipes have just been brought out recently and there isn`t anyblack stiching on them. They are quite nice. I have assisted in detailing a 2000 `Vette at the Meguiar`s garage along with the owner and they are a good MF towel.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipe....

Originally posted by Kai
    What a horrible product!!
    l
    I`m certainly not saying you didn`t see bad results, but I have been detailing cars for probably close to 20 years, and almost every weekend we hold a detailing clinic at Meguiar`s Garage and to date, I have never seen any problems related to Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipe.

There are two catagories of micorfiber polishing cloths...

Good ones and bad ones

Meguiar`s is in my opinion in the first catagory.

Send me you shipping address and I`ll send you some free samples.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipe....

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Send me you shipping address and I`ll send you some free samples.

Mike
    Does that apply for all of us? Just kidding. Thanks for chiming in. Good to get a reps. opinion on products.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The current Ultimate wipe is white, and EDGELESS. Also, no label. Comes in its own, resealable package.

I just did a concourse detail on a black 01 MB CLK55 AMG. Used (and gave owner) the Ultimate Wipe to achieve the final shine.. she said "You`re an artist." Then she wrote a check for $450.

Ultimate Wipes work for me!

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your replies. You would think they would sell you the newest version of the Ultimate Wipe at their booth during a show like that. I guess I was using the "older" version. I was also very careful with the edge that I took out the tag. And I knew I was certainly anal enough not to let any of the stiching, at least I tried my best not letting the edge to come to contact with the surface. I`m not sure why I had such a bad luck with it. I certainly wasn`t expect it to have the same quality as the DF Concours Towel that I got from Dwayne, but just didn`t think they would cause light scratches like that. Maybe the Ultimate Wipe requires to be washed before using it?

I have to say this is definitely the only Meguiar product that actually disappointed me. Or maybe it just wasn`t my lucky day.

Post Thanks / Like
    most towels need washing before use, maybe some manufacturing debris got into it?
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jstn
    most towels need washing before use, maybe some manufacturing debris got into it?
    I guess that must have been the reason. All the other MF towels I`ve used in the past all have been washed before use.

Thread Information