Post Thanks / Like

Question SSR + Zaino = ???

I bought my 1998 Mustang GT this summer and I got an added freebie - swirl marks. I bought into the Zaino propaganda that their system would remove swril marks - 5 coats later, it didn`t. Since I still have the stuff and I like how it looks (minus the swirl marks) I`d like to use a swirl mark remover and then use the Zaino next week when I get a chance to detail my baby.

My question has two parts. First, can I use something such as Poorboys SSR(1 or 2) in combination with the zaino system? Second, should I use SSR1 or SSR2? My swirl marks were bad before the Zaino treatment and now, aren`t quite as bad (you can see them in the sun or under lights, but not so much when the car is in the shade or dirty (sorry.. I can only park outside when I`m at school).

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    My take on this: Remove them w/ SSR2; Clean the surface w/ Pro Polish; Zaino it :headbang
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Boss_429
    I would agree! The Pro Polish leaves nothing behind.......... no waxes, oils, or fillers. Therefore, it would probably make great prep just prior to the "Z".

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so: wash, claybar, wash, ssr2, pro polish, zaino it up

Also, do I apply the ssr2 and the pro polish with a pc?

Thanks

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes apply with your pc and depending on what lubricant you are using with the claybar you could probably skip the second wash and go from there.
    Question for you...if you have been using Z and the only problem you have is swirls, why even bother claying? The surface had to be really smooth before the application of the Z:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use something like #34 FI to clay with and skip the second wash.

Don`t forget to let the PP dry completely before removing. I keep finding new uses for PP every week! Use it last weekend to remove a few years of "gunk" on the rear window of a maxima.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to clay because I havn`t been able to do any more than wash the car since August 23rd. But if you think I can skip this step safely, I`d be all for it.

Boss_429
    CobraKyle,

Tough to say whether you need the clay bar or not. If you are determined to get the swirls out (and you should) prior to the "Z" process, that may remove all the contaminates anyhow. Still, it won`t hurt to give it a quick claying first if you wish.

Post Thanks / Like
    On another board, the hot prep is Megs 9 followed by P21S Paint Cleansing lotion. Wash with Z7 to remove oils and then hit it with Z5. I would imagine you could substitute SSR2 for Megs 9, but you might have to follow with something a bit less abrasive. In any case, the Z7 wash appears to be the key.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with Zaino was that it doesn`t do any better job than other premium products including Poorboys EX and that the z7 is no better than Mequiars Gold Class etc. In my opinion Zaino is just simply overrated.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information