Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-10-2004

Default Swirls Spider Webbing

I just had my car for 3 weeks..and washed my car about 3 times..and I just noticed today under the sun there are swirls all over my car!! This really bothers me..its a grey Matrix..so its kinda obvious under the sun..What can I do do fix this? prevent this?..I am already using a microfiber mitt???....Help..Thxs
Old 04-11-2004
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Swirls Spider Webbing

The marring is likely because of dealer prep. You can either hide them, or remove them.

To hide them, wash, clay then polish the paint with our Phase 1 Pre-Wax Cleaner. Then, appply Phase 2 Sealer and Glaze - it'll fill the marring, making it less noticeable.

Follow that with Phase 3 Natural Fornula Wax to protect the glazed surface. You might want to try a 100% cotton chenille mitt, like those made by Viking Car Care - the extra thickness of the mitt can give you an extra cushion should your mitt pick up any damaging particulates. I've had trouble with microfiber mitts not releasing the dirt all the way when I rinse.

To remove the marring, you'll need to use a more aggressive polish and then use the glaze and wax. I'd suggest all the products above be applied with a foam applicator, and removed with microfiber towels.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Forrest T.; 04-11-2004 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread