Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-17-2005

Default reflections/fx speed detailer

Has anybody tried it.I really like useing the fx as a quick detailer.Do you guys think it would be ok to use it on top of reflection/top coat?
Old 05-24-2005

Default Re: reflections/fx speed detailer

I wondered the same thing. I sent a few questions to Mothers via e-mail and one of them was this. Top coat is a carnuba wax and it has been my understanding that a synthetic will not adhear properly over a carnuba?? If I get an answer I'll post on the forum. On another note..I'm in a quandry...I have Reflections, Top Coat and Eagle One wws on part of my black truck and just yesterday tried FX wax with FX spray on another panel. Both look great and I can't decide which I like better. Rough life ..hug? At this point I think I'll just leave things as is for a couple of weeks and see how each work out through several washes.
Old 05-24-2005

Here is the reply I got from (Chemist@mothers.com) concerning FX spray detailer over Reflections Top Coat. "The products are completely compatible. You can put FX Spray Wax over any of our products." He went on to say that Reflections Top Coat is a blend of naturals and synthetics....FX is pure synthetic. I might give it a try on a panel and see. So far I think I like the deep look of reflections but I like the FX spray. If you try it let us know...can't hurt?

Last edited by admin; 05-24-2005 at 03:33 PM. Reason: To clarify product name "Reflections Top Coat"
Old 05-24-2005

I used S100 over FX wax, and then I used FX spray wax wet about 2 weeks later. It worked great for me.
Closed Thread