Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Death to white cars!
    Post Thanks / Like

which QD to use on EX?

Hello all -

I was curious as to which QD spray would be best to use on a vehicle maintained with EX? Since EX contains polymers AND carnauba, I wasn`t sure if my Platinum UGE was the right thing to use, or do I need Poorboy`s QD+ Carnauba for it... thanks!

Brian
    "The 83-88 Monte SS - they just don`t make `em like that anymore...."

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian..use what ever you like best...many people use everything from Meguiar`s FI to my QD+ or even just plain old Spray and Wipe

I also hear many people mixing S & W with Quickshine and S & W with the QD+ ...but I have heard no problems with any QD with the EX...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Death to white cars!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, cool. Thanks Steve. The reason I asked was because I noticed problems with streaking if you used a polymer based QD over carnauba, and vice versa, (my SS is black, by the way, so maybe now you can understand why I ask... ) which is why I always use like products when it comes to that. So, thanks for clearing that up...

Brian

PS - does the gloss factor increase if I use QD+ after using S&W on an EX treated vehicle, or is S&W sufficient?...
    "The 83-88 Monte SS - they just don`t make `em like that anymore...."

Post Thanks / Like
    over EX I like the Quikshine or Platinum QD, IMO these look slightly better than QD+ because they have a little more gloss than QD+. QD+ is awesome over UPP and P21S.

Maybe I am crazy but my S & W mix contails 50% S & W, 25% QD+, 25% Quikshine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas we all know you`re crazy , but you guys are the designers of the revised QD+ coming in a few weeks...

Unlike a lot of companies that don`t listen..I listen to everything...some goes right through ,but some does stick

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    A new QD Poorboy? This means I ahve to wait before I place my order *nudge nudge*
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas can we set it on fire?

Oh, um seriously...

Poorboy, will it replace or supplement the QD in your current product line?

Thanks
    -Rob
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    No it`s just an improvement in ease of use....Thomas and some others were mixing it with Spray and Wipe after I did an experiment on my 67 Caddy which i will post one day
    of spraying the QD+ on first and then some Spray and Wipe after and it worked really well and even seemed slicker than using the products separately....so along came someone and said why don`t you put it all in one bottle....and so goes the story....of course the chemist is making some minor adjustments to our crude recipe, but nothing significant
    So if you`re inclined...try your own mixture...I tried 60/40

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy, your spray and wipe now produces a great shine with minimal effort between waxings. However, even after shaking the bottle for over a minute, I find it sometimes comes out kind of clumpy and is a sob if it gets on decals and the ridged wiper housings at the top of the hood. I hate to say it, but I would almost like a "thinner" version of your product. I know it may sacrifice some of the longevity of the product, but it will save me time in going over the decals and wiper housings with cotton swabs and brushes. Do you have any suggestions?

Boss_429
    I like Mothers Showtime on top of the EX, but the Platinum QD also looks nice. I plan on trying some "mixes" also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss I like the showtime as well. The Poorboys has a little extra depth though. Maybe a combo of the 2 will do the trick?

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    No it`s just an improvement in ease of use....Thomas and some others were mixing it with Spray and Wipe after I did an experiment on my 67 Caddy which i will post one day
    of spraying the QD+ on first and then some Spray and Wipe after and it worked really well and even seemed slicker than using the products separately....so along came someone and said why don`t you put it all in one bottle....and so goes the story....of course the chemist is making some minor adjustments to our crude recipe, but nothing significant
    So if you`re inclined...try your own mixture...I tried 60/40
    That was me !
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    Koop it figures

Aloha..you mean QD+ not Spray and wipe ..with the clumps...and yes that is what the combo produces(Spray and Wipe and QD+) ...it`s a matter of getting the perfect mixture that will work the best through a sprayer..for now I either spray right into a mf cloth and then apply or hold a cloth in front of the direction you are spraying to avoid the splatter...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is the QD...Thanks for the tip poorboy. I was spraying directly on the surface

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help Aloha..the product worked real good... the results were also great, but the application is a PITA....always looking to evolve with the help of enthusiats like those here at DC...

we`re always open to new ideas as I know Dwayne is too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information