Post Thanks / Like

A few quick questions

I started working on my friends jag today to get out some very minor swirl marks, I washed and clayed, and started to polish the hood with Meg`s #9 and it started raining. So i cleaned off the residue and told him I had to stop. I`m gonna re-wash and clay the around the wheels and start polishing and waxing on Saturday. My questions are: will the hood be ok until Sat. with no wax? I told him to wipe it down after the rain stopped and gave him some carnuba to apply since I had to get going. I guess I will strip that off when I start polishing again on Sat? Is it ok to repolish what I polished today with the #9, or is that bad on the paint? And how long should you generally work #9 into the paint with a PC? I did it for about a min. or two, but it was a little bit of work gettin the residue off, kinda streaky. Any advice is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have told him to not even worry about waxing it. I know some people at the Corvette shows who ONLY polish. While the car looks good, he has to do it every few weeks--that`s the advantage of protection. Since it is only a few days, a simple wash would be suffice, and then back to what you were doing.

With #9, keep working it in with the PC at 5 or so. If this is your last polishing step, make a few extra passes. Remember, a little of this product goes a long way, especially with the PC.

Try using a QD and MF towel to help with the removal of the residue, this should help.

Looking forward to some pics!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with nick, also some polishes contain silicone, which kinda acts like a wax. the car will be fine until your ready to finish it

I need more sugar!!!!!! KleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nickc0844
    I would have told him to not even worry about waxing it. I know some people at the Corvette shows who ONLY polish. While the car looks good, he has to do it every few weeks--that`s the advantage of protection. Since it is only a few days, a simple wash would be suffice, and then back to what you were doing.

With #9, keep working it in with the PC at 5 or so. If this is your last polishing step, make a few extra passes. Remember, a little of this product goes a long way, especially with the PC.

Try using a QD and MF towel to help with the removal of the residue, this should help.

Looking forward to some pics!
    very well put..........:beer

Thread Information