Post Thanks / Like

ClearKote Products?

well, i was just looking a few products, and i was wondering what you think of the clearkoke line... maybe you can give it a score out of 10 or something, and say if you would recommend it or not. that would help a lot. thanks
    moose wax
    vanilla moose wax
    canuba wax
    quik shine
    clay bar
    metal polish:
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the hand glaze and carnuba wax on my dad`s just restored 65 gto conv. with great results and have also used it on all of my cars. It is easy to work with, trim friendly, and can be used in the sun. I hope to get some pics soon. I have also used the quick shine and like it alot even though it is a little pricy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen some very wet looking vehicles that had vanilla hand glaze and the carnuba wax. Moose wax is supposed to be a good cleaner. I would guess that VHM and CW would get a rating of around 8.

Post Thanks / Like
    moose wax = 5 Not bad as a one step cleaner/wax
    vanilla moose wax = 8 Nice glaze
    canuba wax = 8 Nice wax
    quik shine = 10 One of my favorites
    clay bar = 5 I prefer Claymagic
    metal polish = 4 Ok product

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried 3 of the ClearKote products.

Vanilla Moose - A very versatile product. Can be used as a wet look paint glaze, a plastic and glass polish, and a smooth trim restorer. I give it a 9.

Carnauba Moose - A nice liquid wax. Produces a wet look, but sacrifices some clarity. Moderate depth. Very easy to apply and remove. I give it a 7.

Quik Shine - A good general purpose quick detailer. Less prone to streaking than many competitors. Reasonable cleaning properties. Leaves a fairly shiny and slick finish. I give it a 7.

Post Thanks / Like

IT`S TIME TO PLAY THE "RATING GAME" !!!

I know that Scottwax is a big fan of VM. He`ll probably give it a 10+ !!!

I`ve been using it for a few months on my Acura and find it to be one of the best products that I`ve ever used (great smell too!) ...... Very easy on-off leaving a deep shine. I`ll rate it a 10 !

Quick Shine is terrific as well. IMO much better than Megs QDs.
    I feel generous today and I`ll give it a 10 as well !!!

You`ll not be disappointed with either of these products.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help guys. im really thinking of geting the vanilla moose beceause these spider webs are frustrating me. it seems to take away from my hard work...

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    zesty-man ....I know what you mean by those frustrating little scratches, however Vanilla Moose may not be enough to remove that spider webbing. I have found that VM only gets out very light scratches - It`s more of a glaze than a scratch remover. You may need to use a product like Megs #9 Swirl Remover or any one of similar products.

A lot of guys like to use Poorboys SSR1, 2 and 3. I`ve just tried TOL`s "Light Cut" and it`s great for removing light scrathes. Product choice depends too if you`re using a PC or applying by hand. I use a PC and find it invaluable at getting out those anoying scratches.

I`m sure that doing a search on scratch removel will be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, i just wanna give you an idea of what im dealing with. ive already tried the ssr2 and the ssr1 with a few passes, and no success. i wanna get this out, but the scratches just dont wanna come out. i was recommended that i try DCAP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    zesty-man. . . Yes, the ol` cobwebs! Well, certainly DACP will work. Question- are you using a PC?

When I first used my PC on some scratches I thought it would take just one application and in 2 minutes the whole car would look spotless. WRONG! I quickly found out that it can take 2 or 3 aplications to do the trick. You have to really "work" the product which may take 5 minutes or so on just one section of the car. Keep working on one section till you`re pleased with the results.

Tip: start with the least aggressive product and work up. You don`t want to put in more scrathes than you`re trying to get out.

Using a yellow Megs pad (#8006) with DACP should work for you. I`ve even used those Orange pads with good results.

Let me know what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, its gonna be a couple weeks before i can get the DCAP. ranney was telling me that i could get a gallon of DCAP for 33 bucks at this one place, but its gonnna take a while to ship. yea, i got the yellow pad too, so i can try that out with the DCAP.

Thread Information