Thread: Suspension woes

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

Suspension woes

So I order up some KYB AGX shocks & struts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, and some urethane bushings for the front sway bar and rack and pinion (offset since the car will be lowered).

Allright so I go in to get started on my car.

1. Rear end goes smoothly, had to unbult UCA to get the springs in, but no biggie.
    2. Front end is a different story. We get the wheels off, and they feel funny, bad news, tie-rod ends are bad. Answer: New Rack and Pinion.
    3. So we are looking down at the headers, engine mounts look bad. Answer: New engine mounts
    4. Checking out the calipers, BOTH pads are cracked. Answer: Full front-end brake job
    5. Other various things, new ball joints.

On the up side, do to the engine mounts, the k-member had to come off. That made quick work of removing the exhaust, which gave me more time to run all of my parts through the 200 degree water vat.

Tommorow I am supposed to get the engine mounts in from O`Reillys, luckily they had the GT R&P in (good tight ratio). I am also going to go off and degrease and dust black the K-member to make it look good. Oh and I get to use convertible engine mounts, so the engine is going to get lowered just around 3/8 - 1/2 of an inch, which I am looking forward to.

Life is good

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I would go nuts if i ended up having to fix/change all that stuff on my car after noticing them just because i was going to do a suspension upgrade. I`d be even more upset that i hadn`t already noticed it! ahhhhhh must have been some day. Good luck with the repairs.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well its not all that bad. Once we noticed that the k-member was coming out, we went ahead and ordered BBK 1 5/8" Equal Length Shorties, and a BBK 2 1/2" OR H-Pipe (allready has a flowmaster 40 series cat-back w/ turndowns). So I am going to get some actual hp and torque gains out of this as well. And really tearing all of this apart only makes me slightly disappointed in one regard, I need more money. If I had around another 3-4k I could upgrade to 5-lug and put on MUCH bigger rotors, better calipers, and nice carbon metal brake pads. Plus upgrade to some bling bling 17x8 wheels.

Right now I am debating going to a 155lph fuel pump over the 85lph I have right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of car is this?

It`s good to get it taken care of - just a bit expensive

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    1990 Ford Mustang

http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Thread Information