Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 01-25-2011

Default SwirlMarks are all over the place..

Guys, need help on this.. I noticed this when a fluorescent light strikes on the car.. they are all over the panels I use Synwax once a month and have it car wash every week.. Eventhough Mother resources is not a problem, I dont think I have the luxury to do a 3-step process as what you have suggested in the other thread. Any other alternative?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011
Administrator

Default Re: SwirlMarks are all over the place..

You can't remove surface scratches like spiderwebbing without some work, and you can't prevent them if you take it to an automated car wash where you have little control over the quality of the process.

If the car looks good after you use FX SynWax, and not so good after it's been washed, then consider changing your washing process by washing it carefully at home and add a spray wax to the drying process.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 01-27-2011

So i guess what you're saying is I have to do the 3 step process.

I have a mother's quick detail towel. I know it's for detail but can I use it for drying? Our wash boys here uses chomois i know you discourage them as what i have read in the other thread.
Old 01-28-2011
Administrator

The Mothers microfiber Quick Detail Towel can be safely used for drying, but a waffle weave microfiber towel (such as the Mothers) is preferred for drying.

Alternatively, a high-quality 100% cotton terry towel is also a good option for drying.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Closed Thread