Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Price/Fees: The whole "kit and kaboodle"

I`m thinking my car may need a complete professional detailing job.

Though I have a better idea of the ongoing maintenance & upkeep, I think I should start my proactive upkeep once my car is in excellent shape.

What would be a fair price for the "whole kit and kaboodle" inside & out?

((Located in Lansing, MI if that may matter))

Thank you!
    [ 2001 Cobra ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Motor city don`t give up yet!!! You have gotten some great tips from the masters on this board and if you follow their instructions you will do just fine.Just keep everything at a pace you can handle. Like Natty said, do one section at a time until you are satisfied. If you can`t order online, just check with the board BEFORE you buy a product locally. Just take an inventory of what is available in your area and post it on this forum to get feedback.

It doesnt take a PHD to get your car looking it`s best, but it does take a lot of practice and patience. I am sure many if not all on this board can attest to the fact that they have spent hundreds (if not more) of dollars trying to find the perfect shine. Just take the advice from the members to make a wise decision on a course of action to take. There is no need to experiment or waste money because I am sure each of the procedures given on this board will be a positive one. I wish I had gotten this kind of advice before I had wasted money on needless products. I have ordered many things from Dwayne at premium over the last few months and have not been disapointed in any. AS a matter of fact, I am sure there products will be better than any products you have used to date.

There are many people on this board (poorboy for one) that can give you endless knowledge in detailing your car by hand if you are willing to invest the time and patience. Unless someone can give you a reference to someone in your area that does quality work, for a fair price, stick it out and get the enjoyment of making your ride shine.

Aloha,

John

Post Thanks / Like

True. Very True.

I`ve made my first purchases. Got a couple towels (MF`s), some Spray & Wipe and couple things for my friend and his oxidation issues.

Thanks for the response John.
    [ 2001 Cobra ]

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you lived a little closer, i`d say bring it buy and we`ll get it looking perfect . i agree with john, you`ll be a pro in no time. just keep on and before you know it you won`t want anyone else touching it.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of no one else touching your car. Does anyone else get ancy when someone is standing beside your car?
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea, especially if the start to lean on it. i hate to be a jerk but... well i know you guys know what i`m talking about.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tacscar-tim
    yea, especially if the start to lean on it. i hate to be a jerk but... well i know you guys know what i`m talking about.
    Oh yea. It is exactly why when I take the wife to the supermarket most times I`ll sit in the truck or stand outside it while whe does the shopping. To many loose carts rolling around in those lots!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Natty, I am GM at a Supermarket company here in Maui. It is like a re-occuring nightmare for me each day. Every time I go out to my car I look around for a new mark. I have fired bag boys for letting carts get too close to my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Price/Fees: The whole "kit and kaboodle"

Originally posted by motorCITY
    I`m thinking my car may need a complete professional detailing job.

Though I have a better idea of the ongoing maintenance & upkeep, I think I should start my proactive upkeep once my car is in excellent shape.

What would be a fair price for the "whole kit and kaboodle" inside & out?

((Located in Lansing, MI if that may matter))

Thank you!

Go out and enjoy your life. Let a pro. detail your ride and get it nice.

Figure $145 - $200 to get it right then $95 or so every two months to keep it nice.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    The other day this guy was walking around my car bent over looking at my car. Either he was admiring the work or waiting for me to run out and kick him in the A$$. Talk about anxiety....
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had some people look over my car before. Especially teenagers. But if you guys have fears of cars/shopping carts, try mine. I have to park in a high school parking lot EVERYDAY, parking right next to kids who think its really cool to just swing into an angled parking spot at 20 mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember those days. H.S. kids do drive nuts.

Wal-Mart parking lots are pretty friggin bad too. $200 cars zipping around rusted out. What do they care if they wack your car opening their door?

I say park way out by the street where nobody is. The walk is good for your health anyways...
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Boss_429
    Well, I`m like everybody else here. I park so far away from everybody else at any parking lot, that my wife say`s they should have a "shuttle bus" to get her to the store!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a far parker as well. Living in a high tourist area also leads to a lot of dings from rent a cars. People with rentals don`t care if they ding your car.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im actually guilty of doing a full detail on a rental car before we left in it. We rented it locally to drive on a trip we were going on, my parents picked it up the day before. And then we got to drive around in quite a SHINY black Ford Expedition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information