Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about a MF wax and sealent removeing Bonnet for the PC. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I said
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be in the minority here, but I apply both UPP and EX with a finishing pad on the PC. With the EX it is more of time saver, with the UPP it is the only way I can get REALLy thin layers. When I layer the Ex, I always apply the subsequent layers by hand. I remove both by hand with MF.

BTW, I don`t have any of the magic applicators either

Boss_429
    Tass,

I believe Charles, mentioned a neat idea of removing UPP with a MF towel placed on the surface, and then use a PC with a pad to kind of buff the UPP off. I certainly don`t see why one couldn`t try the same thing with EX. However, I believe using the PC would probably only help in the application and removal of the product, and possibly a little more shine. I doubt that it would do much for fine scratches. I`m quite sure any filling characteristics that EX has would work no better with a PC, then by hand. But what the heck, give it a try.

Keep in mind, that the polymer probably won`t be filling the fine scratches, it will more than likely be the carnauba in the EX.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by EBPcivicsi
    I may be in the minority here, but I apply both UPP and EX with a finishing pad on the PC. With the EX it is more of time saver, with the UPP it is the only way I can get REALLy thin layers. When I layer the Ex, I always apply the subsequent layers by hand. I remove both by hand with MF.

BTW, I don`t have any of the magic applicators either
    EBP,

You and I are quite often in the minority! Still, I think you`ll get the knack of hand applicatons with both the EX, and the UPP. On the other hand, if you feel it works better for you that way........ stay in the minority! Better ways to do things don`t come about if everybody does things the same way!

P.S. Glad to see I`m not the only one that doesn`t have any of those applicators! :p

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must confess, the single PVC applicator I have is still in the bag. Old habits die hard I guess and I just can`t give up my little yellow Meg`s pads. I plan on trying those PVC apps next time I put a layer of EX on but I`ve been using PWC lately and the yellow app works fine for me. And with UPP or EX or PWC, a damp (not wet) yellow foam app allows me to get paper thin coats of those products on with zero effort.

I`ve applied EX and UPP with PC many times and I still think doing so by hand is faster and I use less product and get thinner coats. For me anyway.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Natty I am with you! I have no fancy applicators either. I use a damp applicator that allows me to "feel the body"(I dont have to mess with the "extra detailing" that comes with using the PC Either) EX not a filler and if you are looking for a filler that is not the product to use. 3M SMR is way more of a filler than EX. EX has some carnauba (which some say fills minor imperfections)but I use that for the "POP" you get from it. JMO

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LandofAloha
    Natty I am with you! I have no fancy applicators either. I use a damp applicator that allows me to "feel the body"(I dont have to mess with the "extra detailing" that comes with using the PC Either) EX not a filler and if you are looking for a filler that is not the product to use. 3M SMR is way more of a filler than EX. EX has some carnauba (which some say fills minor imperfections)but I use that for the "POP" you get from it. JMO
    So I`m not alone!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe its me then because I use less product with my PC than with the PVC applicator. Maybe Im just not used to applying by hand... lol
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think my problem here is that your not following my train of thought, or maybe you are, I dont know

Allright lets take a fully prepped surface. SSR2, SSR1. So we have it mostly smooth now, with maybe a little bit of imperfections, not a compeltely 100% smooth surface.

So here falls in my plan. You apply with the PC, making sure the coat is thin, and then remove with a MF bonnet on the PC. Then follow with a hand application. The reason for the first step is to acheive a fully flat surface.

Am I perhaps trying to be too perfect?
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan.

If you were trying to be "too perfect" you wouldnt be using the EX to fill anything. You would be using it to protect or a topper over platinum. Seems like the people who use the PC for EX use it for either the ease of use or to use less product. It seems like none have used it for the means you have indicated. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information