Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

QD+: Its all about the sprayer

I went out after work today and decided to do a QD of my car with QD+. Well it turned into QD+, then Trim Restorer, then cleaning the wheels and tires, and dressing the tires, then cleaning the windows (don`t you hate not being able to stop)

Anyways, after hearing from Steve that he believed that the problem with QD+ was the sprayer, I decided to grab a replacement instead of using his. So I ran to Target and grabbed a Chapin Power Mister for a couple bucks. Nifty bottle, holds 32oz, and even has mixing measurements on the side.

Now Steve had told me that the secret to getting rid of the random squirts of mixture and sometimes just pure liquid, was to use a mixture of 60% S&W, and 40% QD+. Well me being lazy, I decided screw that, and just used the sprayer with pure QD+.

Needless to say, the results were flawless, a pure squirt each time, no hesitation, absolutely perfect. It didnt even drip

Now on a different note, QD+ is absolutely the niftyest product ive ever used. It felt like I was applying a damned good cleaner wax. I finally gave up trying to apply, then wipe dry. I instead used one MF to apply it, then used a different one to wipe it clean.

Comments?
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds more like a spray wax than a qd. Seems like that`s why steve has been mixing it. Personaly from things i`ve hear (like this one) Makes me think it`s pointless to use as a qd. I like my uge and 34. When i get some spray wax i`ll prolly be going to 4star. I may just have to give the mix a try when my 5 gal of s&w runs out though. It shold only be a couple weeks! lol
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Boss_429
    Tass,

I think the 60/40 mix is as much for "spreading" of the product, than it is for spraying.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good catch there Tass. THe secret is definetely in the sprayer! THe first time I tried QD+ I told Steve nice product but the sprayer could put an eye out! LOL

I went to Wally World and in the cosmetic section got one of those little cosmetic sprayer for like 50 cents. It outs out such a fine mist it is incredible! Then I used the QD+ like a spray wax. Like you said, one MF to spread the QD+ on the entire vehicle then another to buff it off later. I`ve not tried the QD+/SW mix...I really have no need to. For QD`ing lieka mist ansd wipe I either use One Grand Showoff or Platinum QD or Mother`s SHowtime. I use QD+ to extend the life of carnauba based products or alone as a quick wax job.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Koop that this is more of a spray wax then anything else. I use it between waxings to get that fresh waxed look. I use Platinum QD and mothers for everyday use and QD+ when I wash.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing for sure is that it is DEFIANTELY a spray wax. It has cleaning capabilities, but dang it feels like your spreading a thick glue till you get used to it.

I think I will reserve S&W for QDing, but QD+ is staying in my inventory, its still incredibly useful.

Now if only I could figure out where Pro Polish would be useful
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    The EF sprayers are awsome so are the ZEP pro sprayers. The meg`s sprayers are supposed to be the best. Good to hear you like QD wait till you try some Finial Detail.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Frozen I agree with the ZEP Pro sprayers. Definitely worth the price and it is usually always available.

Aloha

John

Boss_429
    Frozen,

The Meguiar`s bottles that their Quick Detailer, and a few other product come in make fine sprayers. The Meguiar`s Professional spray bottles have a so-so sprayer, and I don`t use them. I also prefer the ZEP type sprayers.

As for Poorboys sprayers.............. I haven`t used any yet, so I really can`t comment............ but they looked pretty cheap, and sound like they are pretty dangerous. My stuff usually goes in old Meguiar`s bottles or the ZEP type sprayers as soon as I get it.

Anyhow, I`ve found that adding a bit of S & W to both my Platinum QD, and the QD+ works really nice. I`m running a mix of about 80/20 on both. I really like the added lubrication, and cleaning properties that a little S & W adds.

Thread Information