Got BASS...Will travel!!! MetalSludge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question on PC pads

I am about to buy a PC. I have always said I would never own one due to me having black paint and afraid of ruining it. But after finding this place and reading all the great stuff about the PC and people say its nearly impossible to mess up a finish with it even if you have never used one. I am still concerned but not nearly as much. I was wandering what kind of pads I am gonna need and what to use for what purpose. Here is what I am currently using on my truck. I am going to strip it and start from scratch using these products.

PoorBoys Pro Polish
    PoorBoys SSR1
    PoorBoys EX (3 layers)
    P21S Paste wax (once a month)

What pads would you reccomend for each application?

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, unless you get better answers here then I will say that you are still probably worrying more than you need to. Where are you buying the PC at? If its at PAC then you should get a pad kit as well. That way you`ll have all the pads you need. The meguiar`s red pad is a good one for dealing with swirls. I would use that with whichever product deals with those. I`ve never used any of Poorboy`s products so far, so I can`t really say which to use and when. I can say that P21S doesn`t go on with a PC so you can stop worrying about that one right about now. :LOL Just use the supplied applicator or one of the yellow round ones.

Got BASS...Will travel!!! MetalSludge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks FUZZ. The Pro Polish and SSR1 both deal with swirls and minor imprefections. I was thinking of getting the one from PAC but wasnt sure if the pad kit they offered was anygood since there price is still the same as most other places with just the PC.
    Tommy
    2002 Ford Ranger
    I wanna go fishing now!!!!

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you get your PC from somewhere else, I would suggest getting the pad kit from PAC. It has all the pads you need to do just about everything. You can then experiment with whichever pad you want to see how they work with your product. For swirl removal I would use DACP and the red pad from Meguiar`s. I don`t know how the Poorboy`s polishes rate to DACP, but I know you`ll get results with it. You say that the other polishes deal with swirls and minor imperfections. If that is all you have then go for it. I`ve found that most cars have more than `minor` imperfections if they aren`t polished regularly. Anything more than minor damage would warrant DACP to be used.

Boss_429
    hans,

I believe you have Fuzz`s email address wrong! In the "Shout Box" the other day, he gave it out. It`s.... "fuzz@frogxxxx.com"!

Thread Information