Post Thanks / Like

Filthy Wheels and Fender wells?

I just cleaned my 350Z for the first time in a while. It`s pretty nice here today in NJ. From me driving the car and with all of the sand and salt that they put down on the roads,my inner fender wells and the inside splash guards look very dull.As if they have been sand blasted. Any idea on how I might be able to bring them back ? And my wheels? Forget about it. I just cleaned the outsides. The insides and backs of my wheels are filthy. Lots of brake dust. Once it gets warmer,I am going to have to pull them off and clean the backs. Can anyone recommend a decent set of wheel brushes? I do not feel like having to pull the wheels each time they get really bad. Thanks for the info,. John

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to know the same. The inside of my wheels are very dirty also. I don`t really want to take them off every time to clean them.
    -Aaron
    2015 Subaru WRX STi Launch Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a heavy duty clean, of course take the wheels off. But I think the best way is to take it to your local car wash center, pay a few bucks and just blast out all the guck thats there (should get ALOT of the dirt out) next bring it back and use some brush (doesnt matter) to further clean. Dress with what you desire and your set.

I hear for inexpensive product, use Armor All. You can try also other dressings such as Meguiars Engine Kote.

If the stuff won`t come off, use a degreaser or a APC. Let it set for a lil while then blast out again.

Enjoy :hippi

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a silicone-based tire dressing (Clearkote`s Tire Treatment) on my wheel wheels. I hear Engine Kote works great too.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    If I don`t remove my wheels to clean them. I usually stay cleaner and it is just as quick to remove the wheels though. I jack-up the car so I can turn the wheels and use simple green or an APC along with a brush. (Look outside the detailing world for possible brushes to use) and clean off the brake dust etc. Then I use mineral spirits soaked on a rag to remove all the tar. Wash with soap ... let dry ... Apply one or two coats of a sealant like UPP. This last step makes it much easier to clean the next time because the dust and gunk doesn`t stick to the wheel. I just use a tire shine product like Armor-All inside my wheel wells and if they are really bad a little black spray paint does wonders and lasts a long time.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Thread Information