Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

PB QD+ application ?

I tried some QD+ for the first time last night just on my hood & fron fender`s. I was trying to use it like a regular QD or the S&W but it get`s all over. I found little white overspray spot`s on my wiper cowl area that took me a while to get out. The product is fantastic,but my application process is not correct with getting overspray from using the spray bottle. What am I doing wrong ?

Steer me in the right direction on application ......(fellow detail nut`s )

Fall

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t spray it directly onto the surface. What works best for me is to spray it onto a mf towel then gently wipe it onto the finish. I`ll cover the whole vehicle then go back and buff it off with a fresh mf. Using it this way it`s more like a quick wax product.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank`s Natty, I have not talked to you in a while. Hope your doing well. I see your post`s around the FTW board`s & such,but I have not been hanging around much either. I`ve been on the Mustang board`s trying to work on my car & get it set up with a few perf. mod`s. I told Steve at PB that everyone over there worships the"Z". It`s quite sickening how unopen to new product`s & I deas they are. I had some of them over at the house looking at my Stang & then gave them PB demo`s.

I will try you suggestion with the QD+,but does`nt that kind of defeat the purpose of a QD ? If I`m going to go through that I might as well "EX".

I have been real happy with Steve`s stuff. Just got a whole bunch the other day. Lot`s of new stuff to try.

Fall

Boss_429
    Fallguy,

Not Natty here, but I`ll add a comment or two if you don`t mind.

As for PB QD+, from what I`ve heard, I tend to feel that it`s more of a QD for "after washing or waxing" only. When I get my "stockpile" of PB`s stuff, I plan on using his S & W for what most people call QDing, and then use his QD+ after that, or, as I said, after washing or waxing.

As for the "Z" guys, don`t let it bother you. I`m a "Z" fan too, but learned a long, long, long time ago, that you need to keep an open mind with this stuff (and other stuff too). Everybody has a different view of what works and looks the best for them. Thank God, as it sure would be a boring world if everybody liked the same thing.

Have fun with your stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss, Your another one I hav`nt talked to in a while. Hope all is well with you too.

I also have the "Z" in my arsenal. It`s not bad stuff at all & I know it`s good stuff,but I found just as good result`s with PB & even CCW once I learned about prep work being the main key.

I can`t say enough about PB S&W. That stuff it absolutly awsome as a QD and general clean up. I love using it on my window`s , it make`s them look like glass . My latest shipment of S&W seem`s to have a different color to it. I better check with Steve before I use it

I`ve been working with the PB line for a while and it`s really nice stuff. Steve has been great & informative .

When I was talking to this Stang guy (i never met b-4) on the phone we were talking about detailing & I was pimpin PB product`s and he uses something called "IBiZ" , but when he came to my house and looked at my Silver GT vert. he said holy crap,nice shine !!

I think your right about when to use it after a wash or an good S&W. Thank`s for the tip`s

Fall.....a.k.a. Mike

P.S. How`s the Screw treating ya ? Gotta love the DSG !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the same thing about the Spray & Wipe. My first bottle was light green. THe new bottle is a blue color. I asled Steve about this and he said the new color is the color the original batch was supposed to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too use the S&W like a QD and use the QD+ like a shine enhancer.....I guess that would be a term that expresses what I`m getting from the QD+.....works for me. Like Natty I spray the QD+ on a mf, apply and wipe off.

The S&W is the product I use often and in quantity! I love the stuff and use it every day for one purpose or another. I`m wondering if my 5 gallon supply will last the summer?

I`m going to have to try the Bold n Brite soon.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    As for PB QD+, from what I`ve heard, I tend to feel that it`s more of a QD for "after washing or waxing" only. When I get my "stockpile" of PB`s stuff, I plan on using his S & W for what most people call QDing, and then use his QD+ after that, or, as I said, after washing or waxing.
    Exactly. I use the Spray and Wipe more as the QD. I use the QD+ after a Spray and Wipe cleaning or regular wash. Basically a 20 minute QD+ session turns out like a fresh coat of wax and gets the beading back to full strength.
    Natty

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GEE can I get a word in here:lol

Mike...Natty found these 3oz fine mist bottles at Walmart in the cosmetic section, what Natty was doing there is a whole other story:rolleyes and I put some into this fine mist sprayer and have been able to control the spray to the area being applied for use like a QD...the sprayers were aour biggest hold back for the product and using in a mf towel is also real quick and easy and no extra time cleaning between stuff...
    It also lets you use a minimum of product with great results....

Steve
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Poorboy,

That`s a great find on Natty`s part! However, I`m with you.......... what the hell was he doing in the costmetic section?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Poorboy,

That`s a great find on Natty`s part! However, I`m with you.......... what the hell was he doing in the costmetic section?

Well it certainly wasn`t because I ran out of hair gel.
    Natty

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL@ Natty....seems it was located near the hair removal stuff
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Got to keep the arm, leg, and chest hair under control as it might rub on the paint and microscratch it. REAL Detailing geeks/freaks/heads are willing to go to ANY lengths!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...Don`t feel bad Natty I was looking for some good quality spay bottle`s for misc. stuff and had my wife take me to the beauty suppy house. It`s a wholesale place that only licenced cosmotologiist`s can go into,so I was not allowed by myself .

The eye candy was plentyful that day so I was glad I went

I`ll try the QD+ in a different way after the car is clean and see how that work`s. I still love the S&W though !!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been known to park near the one in town but only because it`s a good spot from which I can watch the cruising hot rods. No.....really! I`m tooooo old to want to watch other stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information