Post Thanks / Like

Little Green Machine??

I have a couple of questions, at our shop we recently started detailing cars for more money. I hired a full-time detailer to handle it all. We only use a brush, the Automagic #8 solution, and a 7hp wet/dry shop vac. It cleans decently, but not good enough.

I don`t want to invest in a larger extractor unit yet, not until we get busier. I have been reading around, and have learned of the Little Green Machine.

My only question is, is it worth it, or am I just gonna be pissed off that I wasted 100 bucks on it?

Thank you

Jack

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC

For personal use you probably wouldn`t kick yourself, but for daily professional use it`s just too small and will not last very long, but for a $100 you could replace it often or buy it at sears with a service contract where they just keep replacing it...it`s a lot of wasted time and effort though...

Now if you want a cheap way out and you have hot water in the shop, Sears also sells a kit to use with a wet/dry vac to do steam cleaning....it works well for limited use...it`s no extractor but with a 7hp motoer you can get some great suction...

Hoped it helped

wow that was post 442...I got one of them
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You think there is anyway possible to integrate the little green into my shop-vac? I`m pretty good a custom fabbing stuff. I don`t have a hot water source easily accesible, small heater also, is there another alternative foir maybe a bit more?

Jack

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don think it would really be worth the effort to try and jury rig something like that, all it will do is give you a headache later. If you are trying to be economical, the DURRMAID is a great extractor, and small too.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using a green machine for some time. For the amount of cars that I do its great. Currently about 3 to 5 cars a week. Understand that not all cars need full on rugs done, mostly just the mats.
    I`ve found that its a great add on to my shop, but Iam at the point where I need to step up.

They are two major draw backs to the Little Green Machine

1 The recovery and soloution tanks are small and you will spend a boat load of them refilling and empting them. On a full rug and mat detail I will do this about 6 times if not more.
    2 The hose for the extractor is quite short for working in a larger car, truck you are forced to move the unit with you. This is more a hassle than anyting. For the mats its a wizz but can be hassles moving the unit.

That`s my.02 on the subject
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bissell is great for part-time use, full time I imagine you would go through one in a few months. For me it is great, but I use the "mr. tuffy" PC carpet accesory to do a nice shampoo, I like the 4 Star capet solution with this, then folow up with the Bissell. Before this I was killing my knuckles with a brush. I have had my Bissell for over 6 months, if it dies today I have got the use out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a Little Green for home use (have not had a chance to use it yet). I got it at http://www.overstock.com/ for $59 shipped. I think it may be the older model, but the new one looks like it has just been re-packaged in a more asethically pleasing case. It is the heated model, too.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its what I have and to be honest does not do the job. Invest in something better

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Thread Information