Thread: Q for PB

Post Thanks / Like

Q for PB

I`m going to do my brother`s new black (of course!) Volvo S60. Prep was bad and it has quite a bit of spiderwebbing. He is not an enthusiast and the most he will do is perhaps a decent wash every couple of weeks. I was thinking of PP or SSR1 to remove the minor defects, but I was wondering if PWC applied with say a megs yellow polishing pad will actually remove minor swirls. Then I can just give him a bottle of PWC for later hand-applied touchups. I`m trying to be as practical as possible about this, but I still want those swirls removed, not just filled. So, will PWC do it?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a tough one without actually seeing the car....I would do the worst section with the PwC and see if the area is what you and your brother can live with...if not then you will need to bump it up to either PP or SSR1. You might find that bad prep will be worse than you thought, as I`ve seen some showroom vehicles that have been abused pretty bad:nono and you`ll actuall need SSR2 to do the job right. After you get your swirls removed and finish the detail..it would be a great idea to give him a bottle of PwC to maintain it.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information