Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of cars

Escalade done with Light Cut and topped with Wolfgang. Chrome wheels polished with Waxing Frenzy Shark Tower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ferrari Modena done with Light Cut, AIO by hand and NXT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Next

Post Thanks / Like
    Engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Last pic

Post Thanks / Like
    Lookin` sweet dude.

Irene sent me some light cut to try out. That seems to be your weapon of choice lately?
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job again Anthony!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, nice job!
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am Navy Blue Metallic 6spd

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Anthony,
    I had light cut found it pretty good for newer cars. Now i use Speed glaze wich seems to bring that awesom gloss and removing webs like light cut.
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another incredible job! Rick
    "I`m staying out of it."

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet again, Anthony!
    How long does a freakin` Escalade take? :bigscream Next you`ll be doing 18-wheelers with trailer.

So why AIO by hand on the Ferrari? I have a heck of a time getting it on thin (still a rank amatuer) and still being able to tell I got it on. I was thinking the PC would help me with thin coats. Or was is the relatively small size of the Ferrari and the curves that make you do it by hand. :dunno

Thanks for the continued education
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HiSurfTension
    Sweet again, Anthony!
    How long does a freakin` Escalade take? :bigscream Next you`ll be doing 18-wheelers with trailer.

So why AIO by hand on the Ferrari? I have a heck of a time getting it on thin (still a rank amatuer) and still being able to tell I got it on. I was thinking the PC would help me with thin coats. Or was is the relatively small size of the Ferrari and the curves that make you do it by hand. :dunno

Thanks for the continued education
    Kind words HiSurf, mucho apreciated

You can keep the 18 wheelers:hurl The Escalade is about as large of a vehicle I ever want to do.....lots of paint on those babies!

When I use AIO I prefer using it by hand with a MF applicator pad. Lightly mist the pad with some water and add just a pinch of AIO, usually the first time I apply it to the pad is when I use the most. So the first squeeze from the bottle might be slightly larger than a nickel and then there after the size of a dime.

So on the Ferrari I will do one whole half of the roof and I begin by making sure the paint is free from all previous waxes and contaminates. Work the AIO in with back and forth motions, then I go in semi-circles and then back and forth motions again, I work the AIO until it`s almost all gone and then buff off with a clean MF towel.

You can use a PC to apply it but I prefer applying it by hand because I like to feel the paint under the pad as I go along and I feel I am doing a more thorough job.

Hope that helps,
    Anthony

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eureka! Yes I think that helps. I think I`m probably not working it in enough. Now I want to go out and try it but ..... that whole sleep thing is getting in my way (morning was way too early).

Thanks for the ideas... Again!

By the way, my wife freaked :bigscream when I told her I might put the PC to the windshield...Hehe.
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great work as always Anthony , question for you did you find the Ferrari`s paint to be really soft? I just did a Red 575M Maranello and the paint actually scratched with QD and one of my microfiber towels , this was after I polished it with Menzerna FP and followed with wolfgang. I noticed the scratches mostly around the hood, I repolished with FP and used a DF microfiber and had not trouble. I was wondering if you found anything like this becasue I think it`s a defect with the paint being soft. Thanks for the input.
    Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    HiSurf,

LOL Tell the wife that you will next use the PC on the furniture.....now get some sleep and glad I could be of help.

Originally posted by detailbarn
    Great work as always Anthony , question for you did you find the Ferrari`s paint to be really soft? I just did a Red 575M Maranello and the paint actually scratched with QD and one of my microfiber towels , this was after I polished it with Menzerna FP and followed with wolfgang. I noticed the scratches mostly around the hood, I repolished with FP and used a DF microfiber and had not trouble. I was wondering if you found anything like this becasue I think it`s a defect with the paint being soft. Thanks for the input.
    Hey......thanks for the compliment and yes I have found Ferrari paint to be rather soft BUT not that soft that a MF and a QD qould scratch it. I am guessing that what may have happened in your case is that perhaps you scratched or hazed the sealant instead of the actual clear coat.

It can happen that after doing some polishing and then adding a topper, like a sealant, that an abundance of oils can be left over....residue basically, and this is what is being marred up, if that be the case then your extra step with the FP and a good final wipe removed the left over residue.

Lastly you may want to "comb" through your MF`s after washing them. My wife thinks I am nuts because every so often I literally go through my MF`s inch by inch and remove imbedded particles.

Happy Detailing:cool
    Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information