Thread: Pro Polish

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro Polish

Hey guys! Charles was kind enough to send me a sample of Poorboys PP. I used it on my wife`s silver TT and found it pretty difficult to buff off. So difficult that I just used the SSR1 instead (very easy). I remembered to really work the polish in so I buffed, and buffed, and buffed and it never really dried. I was in the garage and it was raining outside so the humidity was very high. Please help?!?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the same thing initially. The cure for me was to use a VERY small amount and allow it to dry FULLY before removing.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I had problems with PP initially because I was using too much product and not allowing enough dry time. I started using only a dime sized amount on the PC pad, worked it in really good and then moved on to the next section. I did the whole vehicle with PP and then went back and buffed it off by hand. That seemed to remedy the situation for me.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes it is common to find it hard to buff if you use even just a little too much...the key to it is seeing how far a small drop can go and then buffing until it disappears or completely dries...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    PP works great on silver. I did PP/UPPx2 on my silver Focus and it was the best look I`ve got so far. One drop of the stuff goes a long way. I`ve gone 3 or 4 vehicles with it and the bottle still looks full.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, instead of applying to a quater of a hood then buffing, would you suggest apply to the whole hood and top and then buff?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by membim
    So, instead of applying to a quater of a hood then buffing, would you suggest apply to the whole hood and top and then buff?
    In humid conditions, drying time will be longer. I usually do about 1/3 -1/2 of a vehicle before wiping off Pro Polish. Until you get a feel for the proper application method, I would suggest just working one panel at a time. Wait for it to dry, and then wipe off. This may be a boring way to approach this task, but it will be less frustrating than applying it to several panels only to find that you have used too much product on all of them. Use the waiting time to do other things like apply tire dressing or work on the interior.

BTW - I transfer many of my products to smaller bottles with narrow tapered spouts (yorker caps). This really helps in controlling the amount of product I apply to the pad. Dwayne sells a 12 ounce version of these bottles at PAC -

Heavy Duty Wax Bottle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help. I did use a very, very small amount of polish. Actually less product than when I`m using a sealant. I just didn`t know that you had to wait a little while before buffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I experienced the same thing firts time or two until I caught on to not using more than just a little - which goes a long way. Once I learned that, it was no problem at all.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try it again. Your help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost always use too much of everything. When I use too much PP I use some S&W to help remove it.

I just did the whole truck over the weekend and as has been said when I used only a little the results were great and easy to remove. Use too much and it was more difficult.......BUT the S&W really helped.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would using a small amount also apply to the SSR line? Just a little SSR1 or SSR2 go a long way like the PP? Same question with the PwC and Ex. Are all Poorboy`s products designed such that a little bit can go a long way?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    yes all Pb products are designed that way. I think that often people (me included) seem to forget more is not always better, and with most products I think you have to find what "just enough" is for any of them to work as they`re supposed to. just my 2c`s

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah Most PB products will go a long way. But, Pro Polish is probably the most finicky product in the lineup in terms of application technique. Like JimS, I have a tendency to use too much product. It took me about 3 tries to get the hang of using Pro Polish. Now, it`s one of my favorite products. It`s so versatile that I even use it on glass, plastic, and stainless steel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used it recently to clean somoe chrome wheels and it did a great job. It`s super stuff and so worth learning how to use properly. Once you`ve got it down, you`re gonna love it!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Thread Information