Post Thanks / Like

Editing Posts...

I noticed that DC doesnt let you edit/modify your posts after 30minutes from their creation.

I was wondering, and this question is directed to the moderators, what the purpose of this feature is. Alot of times i find myself typing fast and creating alot of spelling errors...only to find these mistakes too late and im parlayzed to do anything about them.

So perhaps you guys can give me some helpful insight as to why we are limited to a 30 minute post editing window.

How many of you DC members would like to have the permanant option to edit/modify posts? (it allows for greater flexibility).

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work Dwayne/Fuzz
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason for that is because many times someone will start a thread or a post and then only after they have offended everybody on the board will they go back and edit the original post so it doesn`t look like they said what offended everybody. Basically the 30 minute thing is there to frustrate the snot out of the trolls because they can`t go back and fix what they said. If anyone needs something edited then I am more than willing to fix anything that you would like me to fix. ...unless you are a troll of course. :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    The Fuzz

(Been posting much lately? )
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too would like to see the edit available 24/7 but after what happened to The Whaler I agree with The Fuzz!
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Just having a little fun. Would you like an extra 28,000 posts too? I think I`ve got some lying around here somewhere.... :naughty

Boss_429
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    The reason for that is because many times someone will start a thread or a post and then only after they have offended everybody on the board will they go back and edit the original post so it doesn`t look like they said what offended everybody. Basically the 30 minute thing is there to frustrate the snot out of the trolls because they can`t go back and fix what they said. If anyone needs something edited then I am more than willing to fix anything that you would like me to fix. ...unless you are a troll of course. :naughty
    If that`s why it`s set up that way.............. I would leave it like that.

I know there have been many times that I`ve come back and seen my typing/spelling/grammar errors, and wanted to fix them. However, I`d rather the "slimy trolls" don`t have a way to back out of there worthless posts!

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If The Fuzz is happy/ satisfied then so is rabbi. I`m not messin with the government.
    Last edited by rabbi; 05-04-2004 at 07:13 PM.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got my own selfish purposes too... If I edit a trolls thread then I don`t want them going back to take out the edit. That`s the big reason. I`m glad that DC dudes are hard rocking and respect the mullet. :headbang You guys rule!!

Post Thanks / Like
    edit schmedit - I say the three second rule applies - just like dropped food :lol
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    edit schmedit - I say the three second rule applies - just like dropped food :lol
    So with this logic....i guess i should eat this thread.

:wait

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree ... leave it like it is.
    That way the true trolls will be found out.
    However ... we must be careful what we write in case we are mistaken for a troll ... and ... get the dreaded ........... BANNED!
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose spelling errors do not prevent another from reading and understanding the post - in most cases. Not being able to edit a post after a 30 minute cool-down period means you`ve decided to live with your post for a very long time. With this in mind, might be a good thing to think carefully before posting something you might regret later.

Now if I could only get my dumb mouth to work that way at work!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, I am hooked on fonix so spellin duznt meen much
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say leave like it is cause The Fuzz & Mullets RULES!!!!!!!!!:mohawk :headbang
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I hate is when some a-hole goes in long after the post is made and jacks with the content just to make you look bad or because they don`t like you. That has happened to me on other boards and I wish the weak girly men who do that kind of crap would send a simple email or PM to explain why the edit has to be made instead of just doing it to spite. That would take a real man to do that and not some whipped mamma`s boy who doesn`t know how to deal with stuff.

Sorry for the vent. The person that is meant for doesn`t even visit this site. I agree with editing restrictions as long as the people with access to the editing don`t abuse it. Messing with trolls is fine, but messing with people you don`t like on the board would be wrong. I think I`m going to just stick to DC from now on. The rest of the internet can burn for all i care.
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

Thread Information