Post Thanks / Like

Edge 2000 pads question

well, i got the edge 2000 pads a while back, and i got the adapter for both the pads and the PC. the other day, used loctite on the threads, and today i tried my PC out with the edge 2000 pads. basically speaking, im very scared that the threads are just gonna fall apart. do you guys experience any wobbling with your edge 2000 pads? i was running over my dad`s hood, and it was like a felt a little wobble, and i freaked out. even now, my heart is pounding. any if you guys experience a mild wobbling? i checeked the adapter, and it looks like nothing was loose

also, is it me, or does it seem that when you use the edge 2000 pads, the pad itself appears to be standing still, and just vibrating (probably just my eyes)

help!!!! i cant sleep tonite!!! ahhh!!! :wait
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi...I have the Edge 2000 system as you do. I am working on it now for couple of hours. The adapters is locked tightly together since I put some Loctite 271 between those threads. I let it stay for 24 hours to cure. It is safe for me so far.
    4Runner

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, i did the same thing you did. i was just wondering, are you feeling any wobbles at all rite now? i felt one really soft one, and i got really scared. im just wondering if its natural to have a couple of wobbles etc.

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to try getting another adapter and cutting it short to see if I get less wobbles on the PC...try at your own risk...
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    It does have a lot of vibration. My hand is getting numb sometimes. my small hands could be another factor since I`m not holding the PC tightly enough.
    4Runner

Post Thanks / Like
    Others who have used this system ... please add your thoughts!
    I am considering switching to the 2000, but it seems like the distance from the face of the pad to the surface where it mounts on the PC is way too far to be balanced very well.
    An example is ... The pad that comes with the PC also sits higher than say the Meguiars backing plate and pad ... When using the pad that came with the PC:
    I get more vibration
    The PC wants to roll over easier
    It is more difficult to control especially at higher speeds.
    These are just my observations, but it seems like having the pad as close to the PC as possible is better.
    Thanks for starting this thread!
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said if anyone wants to try my idea feel free. The adapter is brass I think so it should cut easily...I think you can take at least 1" off.
    I hope Aaron might try this too and tell us if it works better or not. Personally I think any counterweight with the PC on speed 4.5 or higher is more wobbly/vibrating than a backplate type system at 6.

PS-2000 pads on a rotary work great as-is in case anyone is wondering. I`m hoping we can discover improvements for the PC so I can quit using velcro 100%
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Edge 2000 pads and I agree, the PC does wobble more even with the Loctite applied. It would be better if the adaptor was shorter. I might try cutting it. It would be great if Aaron could come up with something.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, the long adapter is designed that way so detailer can easily use the other side of the pad to work on the lower side of the spoiler or other places without bending over your back. I could be wrong?:dunno
    4Runner

Post Thanks / Like
    linhsy,
    That is a nice option but for me, most times I use my PC with one hand and do not use the side handle at all. I am after stability.

jlm,
    keep us posted on how cutting it works and how much difference it makes.
    I am sure you need to keep the end square when you cut it.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kimwallace

jlm,
    keep us posted on how cutting it works and how much difference it makes.
    I am sure you need to keep the end square when you cut it.

I am looking forward to it, too. Hope we have a laser cutter, then it will be square up nicely.
    4Runner

Post Thanks / Like
    whew, ok thats good to hear, and least im not a weirdo with some weirdo pads (sorta sounds like a teenage girl). so, all of you guys are getting wobbling, even with the loctite eh? ive been tramatized once already, and im having a hard time forgiving my pads. my face just gets pale everytime it wobbles just a little bit.

Thread Information