The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed my wife`s silver metallic car today!

Washed her car yesterday with Sonax Gloss Shampoo and used Blue Magic Road Tar and Bug Gel. Yesterday I mistakenly posted I used Blue Coral. Today I washed her car with Sonax Gloss Shampoo. The wash itself starts the car in the right direction. Makes the surface slick and does put a shine on it. Used ClayMagic claybar for the 1st time. I could tell no difference betwen this bar and the Mother`s that I have used previously. This means I was satisfied with the outcome. The car was becoming slicker. I then hit the car with 4 Star`s Ultimate Paint Cleaner. This is the first time I used this cleaner This product is underrated and underacknowledged. It did an outstanding job of giving the paint it`s beginning to brilliance. I applied UPC to the entire car by hand and then wiped it off with a green micro from Dwayne. Left the car very clean and sharp No fuss no muss. After UPC I put on a coat of Vanilla Moose. Again a first time product. The V Moose was put on the whole car by hand. Easy on. Then easily wiped off with a micro. To those of you who recommended this glaze I thank you sincerely. It made my/her look Wet. The sun was going down but I say it shimmered and look the wettest I`ve seen a silver. I topped the moose with UPP. This sealant just glided over the VM. A little of UPP went a long way. So Iwas impressed with the application,removal appearance and how it help UPP spread. UPP is a great product for durability and appearance. After the car was coated with UPP I waited the infamous hour and wiped it off. Unfortunately the sun was down and I couldn`t appreciate it`s brilliance. My wife sure liked what she saw. I told her tomorrow when the sun hits it it`ll be stunning. I`ve used UPP before and I absolutely love it. Sometime this week I`ll start on mine using Poorboy`s products AND VANILLA MOOSE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that the VM worked well for you too Rick! I`d be interested in hearing about how well UPP bonds to VM. That`s one combo that I haven`t tried yet. :-p

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I know. You`re the person who told me to give it a try. awd 330 you haven`t steered me wrong yet girl. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP/ADVICE. I`m going to put on two more coats of UPP then top it with Pinnacle`s Paste Glaz. Btw I forgot to add this to my critique. UPC AND UPP DO NOT LIKE WATER. I had some water ( a couple) runs on my car and when the 4 Star`s hit it they threw a fit. So my advice is avoid the H2O when using UPC and UPP.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Try topping it with some Trade Secret next time. Just last night I used AIO/UPP/TS on my silver Focus and it came out great. I previously had 5 coats of TS on but could only put one on this time because it was 9:30 and dark. I`m going to put some more on tonight if I get a chance with the PC. I still haven`t tried VM yet, if 4* SMR comes out soon I`d most likely buy that instead.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t T/S darken it?
    "I`m staying out of it."

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by shotime
    Try topping it with some Trade Secret next time. Just last night I used AIO/UPP/TS on my silver Focus and it came out great. I previously had 5 coats of TS on but could only put one on this time because it was 9:30 and dark. I`m going to put some more on tonight if I get a chance with the PC. I still haven`t tried VM yet, if 4* SMR comes out soon I`d most likely buy that instead.
    4*SMR is out already http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostulswmare.html . probably you could get both from Ranney, I`m not sure if he`s got the SMR yet. but do try VM, you`ll like it
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rabbi
    Doesn`t T/S darken it?

Yes, but the UPP under it makes it a "reflective depth". I think it looks pretty good, you don`t see too many silver cars with depth.

Post Thanks / Like
    where can you buy VM?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tom4444
    where can you buy VM?
    You can buy Clearkote products from:

Scott at Specialty Motoring

or

Ranney at PakShak

Post Thanks / Like
    Only had time for the 3rd coat of UPP. The sun came out and the shine is absolutely brilliant. Sorry for not having pictures but I need to hookup with Kee and he can/will show me how. Tomorrow I hope to top with Paste Glazand start on mine using Poorboy`s and VM.
    Last edited by rabbi; 07-02-2004 at 05:06 PM.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Thread Information