Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E2K DA update

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

E2K DA update

I was able to meet up with Aaron and Saul over at Dedication to Detail on Thursday of last week I had a good time seeing how the pads are made and got to discuss the adapter situation and got a "factory modifed" adapter to test. First let me say the shop tour was great these guys are grass roots, some of the equipment need to make the pads wasn`t avaiable so these guys made them or took what was available and modifed it to work the way they wanted to. End result a very efficent manufacturing process that has very little waste. Onto the subject of waste , I am very pleased to share that these guys recycle everything , I honestly did not see any thing that was just thrown away. I mean they send back the yarn spools to the yarn company , the waste yarn is used in stuffing for toys and the like , the waste foam becomes carpet pading and the list goes on. This may not seem like a big deal but it is not only is this very enviromentally friendly it saves us the end user money in the long run. These guys really know what they`re doing and they are doing it well.

Now onto the adapter the unit I was given was modifed by Aaron himself and looks great can`t even tell it`s been cut. The adaper now measures 2" tip to tip. I had one of the orginal adapters give way so I will admit I was abit leary about trying it again but this one was loc tighed by Aaron himeself so I felt safe. I tested it with the six inch pads on two different cars , two different days and had no probelms at all. I ran it up to speed six which I do often and the vibration is very acceptable. I comapared it to a stock Poter Cable bolt on pad and it actually had less vibes then it. It has the same as any of my LC pads and velcro backing plate. So I am very satisfied with the adapter after the revisions. Aaron tells me the adapters are going to improve even more , he`s having them made from aluminum instead of the current brass , which is great because it will get lighter making it easier on the machine. Also I`m told they will be loc tighted at the factory so we won`t have to worry about that. Oh yeah with the new length adapter the pad sits about the same distance away from the machine as the factory pad so thats great. All in all I really like this system and with these improvement it`s even better , I`ve been using it exclusivly on my rotary and it`s been a real time saver , so I am looking forward to switching over my PC.

On a side note I got to see the difference in Edge`s Wool pads and all I can say is wow! This ain`t your grandfathers wool pad , they actually have different grades of wool making some of them safe on clear coat , I will be getting some to test soon, a review will follow.
    Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    great update. i cant wait until they release a new adaptor. i love the system but cant stand the vibration at high speeds.

its also good to know their factory looks out for the environment.

thanks doug!
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to add a few things.

Quite often I read posts where customers are happy with my service. I really try hard and it really pleases me when my hard work is noticed. Let me tell you guys something. I deal with ALOT of vendors and manufacturers and Aaron and Saul are by far the vendors that I rave about!
    These guys know what customer service is all about and that is coming from someone that knows customer service.
    Dedication To Detail is even running ads in the major car washing and detailing magazines with my website and phone number on them to help us sell The Edge 2000 pads! Amazing. They must be doing something right because we are selling them like crazy and I keep buying alot of Edge pads.

We look forward to offering the new adaptors as soon as they are made available.

I can`t wait to meet these guys in person and take a tour of their facility too!

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! It’s nice to be appreciated! It’s what we strive for everyday. These forums give us a direct connection to our customers and their thoughts. That way we can respond rapidly to concerns and comments. It’s because of your feedback that we are able to perfect our products for you and we thank you for that. As always any of our customers are welcome to tour our facility. Just to add to Doug`s kind words, we actually have 17 environmental recycling campaigns in place every day. I have listed them below for those of our customers who appreciate Green corporations.

1. All scrap foam cut pieces and shredded are bailed and sold for carpet padding industry.
    2. Foam plugs cut from center of pad are made into Foam Tips brand foam swabs and sold for detailing interiors in the car such as vents, ashtrays and cupholders, as well as the exterior in hubcaps, panel seams and engine parts.
    3. All cardboard is either reused to ship out product with or bailed and sold to cardbard recyclers.
    4. All paper towels are saved after hand drying use for ink rags in our screen printing process.
    5. Old newspaper is used as a primary and initial cleaning process of ink off of screens and ink printing squeegee to conserve the paper towels.
    6. All straping used on product shipped to us is carefully cut and then reused to bail our foam and our cardboard.
    7. All the glue scrap from cutting circles out of the glue sheets is remelted and reused to make more glue sheets.
    8. All wool lint is bailed and sold as filling material for toys
    9. All plastic centers from bag rolls are saved and sold for credit to bag making company
    10. All cones plastic and cardboard are saved and sold to the wool yarn manufacuter for a discount in the wool yarn price.
    11. All plastic centers from “popping” the plastic discs used in the double sided pads are saved and sold back to the plastic molder for credit where they are reground, melted and reused to make our plates.
    12. All scap velcro is bailed and sold to recycler.
    13. We buy used recycled plastic pallets to ship on.
    14. In the office we cut up used scrap paper for note pads.
    15. After we peel labels off of the nonstick paper we use the nonstick paper to separate glue circles in our processes.
    16. We cut the cardboard tubes that come from the rolls of Velcro and make them into the glue roll rolling tubes. We also use the plastic centers from the bag rolls as the centers for these glue rolling tubes.
    17.We use a 20 inch planar to re-plane the plastic die cutting boards so we can use them over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron@ The Edge is great! I sent back old DA pads that were giving away on the first try and them replaced with a newer design! Aaron personally emailed me back numerous times to check on how the pads died out and how they can fix these pads. I even got an email asking how well the new pads are doing. Too bad I got them yesterday and I`m busy as heck. Rain doesnt help either

If all goes well I will just switch over to the Edge2000 system if I really need it.

Thanks Edge

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a detailer who has been doing business with us for about 9 years, actually he has been doing business with Four Star for 9 years. He was my competitor when I was detailing before I joined Four Star.
    Anyway, he keeps bringing back pads because he is so rough on them. He has destroyed Meguiars pads, destroyed Lake Country pads, destroyed Buff & Shine pads so I get him using The Edge DA pads.

I bet you think I am going to say The Edge DA pads held up. Nope, he destroyed them too! LOL
    No pads are going to hold up to the abuse that this detailer puts them through.

I took him into my warehouse and started showing him The Edge 2000 DA pads and the Edge 2000 rotary pads. He cuts me short and says that he knows all about the pads already and that he saw them in a magazine he gets.
    I told him to read the ad again and see where to buy the pads.
    It just blew him away that we are the place to call for these pads that he had been reading about.

I set him up with both adaptors so he could try the Edge 2000 with his random orbit and his high speed rotary. I also set him up with Edge 2000 DA pads. He said it was like Christmas in my warehouse with cases of detailing goodies everywhere.
    His jaw hit the floor when I showed him the Edge 2000 rotary pads with blue foam on one side/ yellow wool on the other. He said that he has been using the Edge Classic pads for many years now and he knows they are very high quality but that he was switching to the Edge 2000 system and will never go back to using a velcro backing plate.

I explained that he may experience an issue with vibration with the current Edge 2000 DA adaptor and he said he will just run his PC at a speed of 4 or less until we get the new adaptors on the market.

Long story short, this is the reaction that I am getting from just about everyone I show this system to so keep it up guys. The Edge 2000 system is really exciting and my customers can`t get enough of The Edge pads.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne will the Adapter + 2 pad deal still be available when the new adapter hits the market? I will probably be interested in a few months :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne,

Didn`t you have some kind of special where you can get a free adapter for the EDge 2000 pads? I don`t see it on the website.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3:5

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Edge
    2. Foam plugs cut from center of pad are made into Foam Tips brand foam swabs and sold for detailing interiors in the car such as vents, ashtrays and cupholders, as well as the exterior in hubcaps, panel seams and engine parts.
    I`m surprised that people don`t mention the foam tip swabs more often. I recently picked up a batch of these and found them to be the best tools I`ve ever tried for cleaning around wheel lug nuts. I can even apply and remove polish with them.

I`ve also been experimenting with the E2K DA pads on my PC. I`ve applied Loctite between the two adapters, and have not suffered any detachment. The pads are holding up very well, though I still prefer to keep the speeds to under 4.5 at this point. I hope the shorter adapter will resolve the excess vibration issues. If not, then I will just use the pads as a smaller diameter set for my new rotary buffer. I just ordered one, along with a set of E2K rotary pads, from Dwayne. The free connector offer is still in effect at PAC - Quick Connector offer

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, I can`t believe I din`t see that - it`s right there in front of me. Thanks!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3:5

Post Thanks / Like
    GOod tip awd330, do you think the foam will hold up after many detail with em? They are for buffing correct? I got all 5. Man everyone is getting a rotary nowadays. I hope those Edge2000 pads will be ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Woob
    GOod tip awd330, do you think the foam will hold up after many detail with em? They are for buffing correct? I got all 5. Man everyone is getting a rotary nowadays. I hope those Edge2000 pads will be ready.
    The Edge Foam Tips seem to hold up at least as well as other foam detaling tools (like paint brushes and tire swipes), and they`re much more durable than something like a cotton swab. I`ve only used the least abrasive 3 textures thus far. I use the green for initial cleaning around lug nuts, then follow up with blue to apply polish and white to remove polish. I`m not sure if I would refer to them as "buffing" tools, though the more abrasive textures could probably cut through some significant grime. If you have all 5, give them a try yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    We would like to announce and will do so in a new post when they are in stock, that we will be accepting any Edge2000 DA adapters in return for replacement short DA adapters that will be pre-loctite from the factory. If you purchased the adapter just ship it back to us and we will send the new one out next day no charge. Please wait to do this until we have the new adapters in stock in about a month.

Thanks,

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
    777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    ---------------------------------------
    ƒv Phone: (610) 583-4883
    ƒ Fax: (610) 583-4885
    ƒx Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Aaron, thanks!
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks aaron
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information