Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    When mine is REALLY dirty/salty I go to the high pressure car wash so I can also spray the undercarraige etc. I try to keep the undercarraige as clean as the paint. After the spraying I go home and use S&W everywhere...windows, engine, door jambs, paint.

If the truck is not "dirty", just dusty with dirt on the lower panels I spray S&W on the lower panels and wipe them off with a relatively dirty or used mf and then switch to a clean mf and do the whole truck. If it`s just dusty I use S&W and I use it almost every day.

It works. Get some.

If you havn`t used it you can`t imagine how good the stuff is and once you have used it you`ll not be able to believe you ever lived without it...no exaggeration. I`ve used about 7 gallons since last April but I haven`t had to wash the truck more than about once a month.:beer
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by kimwallace
    That is what I thought about the salt residue. That stuff seems like sandpaper. It just seemed like people were using Spray and Wipe over everything.
    Boss ... I know what you mean I have lived through almost 50 winters here in PA ... 34 of them driving and trying to keep the salt off. Thanks for your help everyone!
    kimwallace,

Yep, I`ve got you beat by an additional 3 years!

Again, don`t get me wrong........... S & W is an extremely valuable detailing tool............... one that I wouldn`t be without! As a matter of fact, I do something similar to the process awd330`s mentioned. I take about an ounce of Poorboy`s Bird S#it Remover (a concentrated form of S & W), and mix it with water in a 32 ounce spray bottle. Then I go to the local pressure car wash place, and pre-soak the vehicle with the BSR, and then wash it off with the pressure wand. It`s not the way I really like to do it, but it`s the only option I have during the winter. Anyhow, If I get a chance afterwards, I will wipe it down with a normal Spray & Wipe procedure.

I would like to be able to do it more closely to awd330`s procedure, but I`m "minus" the garage! Still, I think the pre-soak process does help................ any dirt that can be removed/desolved before touching the paint is an advantage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a garage that is heated ... I like the idea of a presoak before trying to wash of the salt and whatever else is on the winter roads. I was really just trying to get an idea of where the limit was to using S&W as a beginning step in a cleaning process. I haven`t had very good luck using FI as a light dust cleaner even without introducing new swirls into the paint.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Boss_429
    kimwallace,

In the end, you`ll need to judge it for yourself, and set your own comfort level.

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information