Post Thanks / Like

Got a few new products. Preliminary Thoughts

Well I have received everything I have been waiting for from the great folks at Premium . FMJ kit, Finishing Touch Glaze, Waxing Frenzy (plus the vinyl dressing and metal polish), Wolfgang Sealant and some Victoria Crusin Wax. The Waxing Frenzy and the Victoria Crusin Wax did not come from Dwayne but from two other suppliers.

I will leave the "Cruisn Wax" out of this testing.

Well we once again had some ugly weather here in South Texas so I ran the wife`s minivan to the local coin-op and washed her down. When I got home I cleaned just one door, passenger door, with some Cleansing Lotion and I then layed down two strips off paint that then made 3 small panels on the door.

On one panel I applied the FMJ per directions with nothing underneath it cept the Cleansing Lotion. FMJ goes on very easy and wipes off just as easy. No streaking and no residue.

Wolfgang came next on the middle panel and just as I expected it went on very easy and came off with ease.

Waxing Frenzy then went on the third and last panel. It also goes on very easy but reguires a little longer for its bonding time, just 3 to 5 minutes. It also wipes off super easy.

So in the application and removal process all 3 would score equally, the only drawback to WF would be the extra minutes for bonding but that`s really no biggy.

Now in the appearance area my hat would have to tip towards the Wolfgang. Our minivan is a Teal color and while I took some pictures they are hard to tell anything by because of the really overcast skies. But what the camera could not pick up the naked eye could and the Wolfgang had a "slight" edge over the other two. The next best in appearance would go to the FMJ but only by the slightest edge over the WF.

The Wolfgang (WG) also had the slickest feel to the paint after it was buffed off. I mean VERY slick. A great difference between the WF and the WG in this category. FMJ is slick also but the WG is ever so slightly slicker.

I then took a full 2 cups of water and poured it over the door. I did this to see how each sealant sheeted water and the FMJ sheeted it best with the WG (which also gave some beading) a very close second. WF sheeted well but also had more beading. All 3 dried off SUPER easy so a big to all 3 in this category.

I dried the door with a WW towel and noticed once again that the WG was far slicker than the WF and a tad slicker than the FMJ.

Now I tested them for cleaning ability. I cleaned the top of our washing machine and applied 4 Sharpie lines on the top lid. I allowed then to dry for 15 minutes and then rubbed them with my hand, nothing came off. First up was the FMJ on a MF applicator pad and it did not touch the line nor smear it.

Next up on the second line was the Wolfgang. It did remove and smear the Sharpie marker line.

Next on the 3rd line was the Waxing Frenzy and it also removed and smeard the line.

The fourth line had the new Liquid Souveran applid to it and guess what? It did not remove nor smear the line, which is cool to me anyways.

Well I will put these products, plus the Victoria Cruisn Wax, through more testing and use as the week goes on......if the RAIN WILL EVER GO AWAY!!!!

Thank You,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Boss_429
    Excellent info Anthony!

I have found the same thing on the Liquid Souveran............. not near the cleaning ability that most people would think it has. I`m surprised at how well in works in unison with other carnauba paste waxes. Using a paste/LS/paste/LS layering technique produces some interesting results!

What are you thoughts on the appearance of the FMJ? How does it compare to other sealants? Did you like the looks better than the Wolfgang sealant?

Also looking forward to hearing you thoughts on the "Cruisn Wax"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Anthony!!

I keep hearing good things about the Wolfgang products, might need to add them to my wish list. I look forward to you extended reviews on Cruisn Wax. Thanks for the info!

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Anthony! We appreciate you wirteup. I am having great luck with my WG as well. My LS is pretty good stuff too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I came down on WG on the first time that I used it but after one day and letting the sealant settle down its a great product. I like it best on lighter colors you get that real POP!!

Thanks Anthony I alwasy liek reading about your product reviews. I just have to wonder where you find all the stuff that you get, is there a mag that you are reading?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Excellent info Anthony!

I have found the same thing on the Liquid Souveran............. not near the cleaning ability that most people would think it has. I`m surprised at how well in works in unison with other carnauba paste waxes. Using a paste/LS/paste/LS layering technique produces some interesting results!

What are you thoughts on the appearance of the FMJ? How does it compare to other sealants? Did you like the looks better than the Wolfgang sealant?

Also looking forward to hearing you thoughts on the "Cruisn Wax"!
    Hey Boss,

I love the look of the FMJ but really need some better weather (raining here again) so I can compare some panels side by side out in the natural light.

I am guessing that there won`t be a huge diference between the FMJ, Wolfgang and UPP in the looks category, cept perhaps a bit more depth to the Wolfgang, but I am curious to see how the durability of all these products fairs. I am very interested in the "Waxing Frenzy" as the owners told me it is a unique polymer, exclusive to them, thatis used.

While the Waxing Frenzy may not have been the slickest it just may hold out in the durability test and since this product was first designed for boats I am guessing it has great longevity. I will know much more when the weather clears and I can test them more, side by side, on some black cars.

Take care,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    I came down on WG on the first time that I used it but after one day and letting the sealant settle down its a great product. I like it best on lighter colors you get that real POP!!

Thanks Anthony I alwasy liek reading about your product reviews. I just have to wonder where you find all the stuff that you get, is there a mag that you are reading?
    Mr Beemerboy,

How`s it goin?

I am very anxious for our weather to clear up so I can really put these products to some testing. Most of my clients have light colored cars so I am always looking for a new combo to give me that super wet look also:cool

As for the products, well some I just come across and others get sent to me from suppliers to just test out for them or to get my opinions on. Not sure really how they come to hear of me, I guess through forums like Detail City. Some are great and some are just junk.

I will be sure to update you all on how the Victoria wax works out.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi back at you, things here in CA are starting to take off, the weather has been good.

I`m going to try some of that wax you got called Pizzaa or something along those lines. I read about it on here and I love that good wet look
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information