Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menzerna vs SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna vs SSR

I currently use Menzerna`s Intensive and Final Polishes on my vehicles. Of everything Ive used so far, they produce the best results. I have never used any of the SSR`s though, so I was wondering if anyone who has used both can tell me what the differences are. Which one do you like better and why? Also, which SSR is most similar in strength to Final Polish? Thanks in advance.

-Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    The Menzerna IP seemed to dust a bit heavier for me when running on the PC. Also, they are a bit harder to remove when using Microfiber.

SSR1 is similar to Final Polish, however, I think FP can cut a little bit more where as SSR1 leaves a greater shine and more of a wet look. Come to think about it, FP is really similar to Pro Polish.

Poorboy`s is less expensive!

Anthony would also be a good one to hear from on this aspect.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Nick , I was an advid Menzerna user but I have recently switched over to Poorboys. I feel they are much easier to use and as Nick said SSR1 tends to leave a more wet look which compliments EX-P. And they are cheaper!
    Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think FP leaves less on the paint than SSR1. FP squeaks more when I`m done. I think it would work better with something like Zaino.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. Sounds like SSR is definately as good as Menzerna and worth a try. Hopefully a few more people will respond and force me to order SSR next week...so far no one said they like Menzerna better so SSR must be good!
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have both, they are both great IMO.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna IP, FP and FMJ are 3 products I defiantly want to try. Seems a lot of the best detailers around here (Anthony Orosco (sp?), CleanDean, Nick0844c (i think thats his name, cant remember off the top of my head) use them with awesome results.

The SSR line is definatly an awesome lineup though and I have no complaints. Easy to use, easy to remove, and great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both also I love FP I actually got clean dean hooked on it its leaves a flawless finish after buffing. I never have a problem with removal you just have to work it till dry and whipe off slight haze. I tried SSR1 its good I just need to work with it more to get it to work as well as FP.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so now we got a couple people who seem to be leaning towards Menzerna. Way to confuse me everyone!!! lol Now I don`t know if I should buy the SSR or if i`m already using the best polish possible...guess i`ll give the thread a few more days before making a decision...
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy some SSR for yourself and compare it with the Menzerna. Then base it on your wants or what your looking for in a product: looks, easiness to work with, price, availability, which name you like, color of the product...yada yada yada. Asking this question is like asking what car you like, car a or car b? Everyones gonna list the pros of their choice, but the best way to find out is to see for yourself. Besides thats the fun of detailing, buying products and playing around with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You bring up a good point Jackal829. In the end, thats probably what I`ll end up doing. I was just hoping to hear some definative advantage of SSR over Menzerna so that I`ll feel a little better about spending more money on car care products.

Anyway, where does Poorboys Professional Polish fit into all this? I`m guessing its non abrasive and a little more mild then SSR or Menzerna, is that right?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it does chemical vs. abrasive cleaning and can adjust to almost any level of cleaning by using a different pad or cloth...most people use it as a paint cleanser since it will show you any and all imperfections in a finish, but as many people have found and some have seen it will remove some very deep scratches and swirls if used with the right application.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Menzerna FP and also like SSR1 it stays wetter longer and it also smells great Menzerna = death in a bottle. I think that Menzerna is a little more aggressive some have said that SSR1 is more of a glaze for them. But as Poorboy said it has many uses depending on the pad you are using. I like the product I want to SSR2 and SSR2.5 now.

The best part of all SSR`s is the smell
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah menzerna doesn`t smell good at all. Everyone is obsessed with product smells and i must admit I like it too. Something about working with a good smelling product that makes it more enjoyable. I feel like if it smells good my paint will like it better

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Menzerna FP tho it leaves the finish flawless for me and I buff it fast both products I like. Menzerna does wonders on interior clear coated wood to. Yes a product that smells good is more enjoyable to work with.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information