Post Thanks / Like

Talking MF/Waffle Weave Review

Well, i received my order from Pakshak a few weeks back and finally had a chance to exploit my fresh highquality microfiber & waffle weave towels.

First off, the construction/design of these towels are excellent, there are no rough edges...there are no tags or other things that bulge out and can scratch the paint either, simply flawless.

Unlike the Costco MF`s i bought a while back, Pakshak`s towels are not `catchy` to the touch, very high quality, non-linting and nicely colored too!

Anyhow, as i finished washing a BMW that i was working on today i busted out my lightblue waffle weave to see how well it worked, and whether or not there is a difference between MF waffle weave towels and terry cloth.

:wait Holy Moly! I removed alot of the water with me Cali water blade....but when i proceeded to dry with the waffle weave it soaked up SIGNIFICANTLY more water than regular towels....i mean i`d run it over large pools of water on the roof and it would hardly even get wet. Its like a water hungry sponge. Simply fantastic.

I ended up only using ONE, yes...ONE waffle weave on the whole 330ci and i still beleive it could have handled some more drying power. The trunk jam, door jams and the side of the hood were all done with my cheap Costco MF`s (and i think i`ll retire them for SECONDARY drying/cleaning from now on too).

Bottom line, waffle weave is a WORLD of difference, worth every penny and delivers impressive results.

Lastly, i also used Pakshak`s Ultra MF`s to remove the cleaner, polish and wax as well. Equally outstanding. There is a significant difference in fiber quality, softness and wax/polsih removal ability when compared to cheap MF, let alone Terry cloths.

Note: This car was Saphire black, so i was meticulously analyzing the paint to see whether or not the MF/Waffle weave perhaps introduced light scratches or swirls.....my findings....nothing. Flawless finish.

Waffle Weave and High-quality MF are my new best friends, thanks Ranney!
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like

I love em so much

I bought the company - okay well not the company but I got three
    You have activated my special ability....

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if there`s a difference between MF/Waffle weave from PAC, CMA Bigblue II etc since they are from Korea as well (maybe from the same factory??)
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s the size - the ones I got of PAC are a dark grey in color
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Oh yeah I discovered the waffle weave towel a year ago and have used them since... remarkable indeed... :cool

I have used the blue and grey ones and the large yellow ones from Griot`s Gararge... these are the best I have found..

Griot`s

TC

:cool
    There Is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby" And "Mental Illness"

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the WW ineffective once it`s wet from drying the car? Will it leave streak?
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Circus, once any towel gets completely saturated with water is basically loses it drying effectiveness...hehe, as you might have already guessed that.

The beauty of Waffle weave is the tremendous drying efficiency it has. Like i mentioned earlier, i used one WW towel for the entire 330i sedan (with some dry spots left on the towel). Its really no comparison to terry clothes.

WW is highly efficient in absorbing water and drying things faster, its much softer and will not marr of create scratches/imperfections in the paint (like rough terry cloth`s may do).

Hope that answers your question.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Cheers Mike.

Thread Information