Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rigid detachable blower + WWMF drying - people think I am crazy when my neighbors see my blowing my car .... (not like that athough I have been accused of being that in love with it ).
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ranch4x4
    After a wash I`ll grab a leaf blower or take a spin around the block, then dry with a waffle weave mf.

I have the california water blade and hate it, I don`t like scraping something across my paint. Used it once and never will again.

i`ve used it hundres of times. if you keep the tip of the blade clean ang go real easy it works well. i just use it to get the bulk of the water off. then i use a chamois. i also use compressed air to blow out around the mirrors and emblems(like the f150 on the side of my truck, it holds alot of water that just drips down when you least expect it).

Post Thanks / Like
    That squeaky sound is a little disconcerting when you pull the blade across the car. I love it though.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the neighbor`s cat.
    I know, it`s only rock and roll, but I like it...........:badabum

Post Thanks / Like
    The water blade can get most of the water off flat areas, but you still need to towel off (or blow off, or both) the curved places, especially an inner curve. It makes a squeek like chalk on a chalkboard, sometimes. I agree with the jolly rancher, though, it scares me, somehow, to use it on a fine finish.
    Also, I sometimes notice streaks after squeegeeing with it, which I believe you should immediately dry off. The main advantage is that it removes a lot of water, quickly.
    Make mine DC!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a California water blade initially, then follow that up with my new Cycle Dry, and then finish with a waffle weave MF. The cycle dry has now replaced me using my Craftsman Wet/Dry vac. The blower just gets bulky, and this new cycle dry is small and is a good blower for cars and bikes.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a CWB to get most of the water off. I then follow up with a WW towel. If I am feeling particulary ambitious, I will use the blower portion of my shop vac to bow out the mirros, crevises and body mouldings.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    A leaf blower is a great way to dry your car but I always recommend using an electric blower over a gas one. Reason being that you may drip or spray gas on the car accidentally while using the blower.

I also always recommend using a dedicated blower just for your car. By this I mean don`t use it to mulch the grass or leaves on Saturday morning and then use it again to blow dry the car in the afternoon. You will surely hurl bits and pieces of debris at the cars surface, which would not be good:bigscream

As I have said before, I have used a leaf blower for the last 6 or 7 years and never had a problem. The best way that works for me is after a final rinse I start from the top and work my way down, open the engine areas and trunk areas and blow out the water run-off areas. Open up the door jambs and blow those out plus the wheels.

I then go over the whole car with some QD and a few MF`s and viola! It`s done!

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick - What`s a Cycle Dry?
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s at www.cycledry.com.

They sell it at my Harley dealer, and then I ended up buying one at bike week.

Basically, it`s a small electric blower that weights less than 3 pounds and blows at 112mph. Granted, my leaf blower is at 220, but it really isn`t necessary.

I used mine for the first time yesterday, and really liked the results. Just blows the water out of every crevice. What I was really impressed with was doing the engine compartment before I applied my dressings.

It`s a good alternative to the Air Force Blower, which costs $200.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information