Post Thanks / Like

Meguires NXT Wax vs Zymol Wax

Which one do you guys prefer and why? I have heard mixed reactions about the NXT and I was wondering the properties of both. I have a pearl white EXT for my car...
    Thanx,
    Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Also if you could give me your comments on Zaino wax. The car is a pearl white ext escalade.
    Sean

Post Thanks / Like

NXT/Zymol

Now those are two very different products!

NXT is a new poly sealant.

Zymol: Carnuba& oils wax.

NXT: Easy on/off. Lasts much longer than pure Carnuba. Very durable.

Zymol: Also easy on/off, limited durability (carnuba) but very glossy.

You also may want to read reviews on Wolfgang Sealant. Has the durability of a sealant and a more warmer carnuba look.

Problem with most sealants, they can have a tendancy to look very clean and shiny and some say it looks like plastic wrap around the finish. Lacks depth, but VERY CLEAR. Zaino is known to be one of the better sealants. However it requires a very perfect finish as it highlights all defects. Newer sealants now are starting to look more wet/deep like carnuba.

Another very good sealant: Klasse twins!

Pearl white will look very bright with NXT. If the car is kept outside NXT will be a better choice between NXT/Zymol.

Please search through the forums as there is quite a bit of info as some posts may have already answered your questions.

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which Zymol wax are you talking about? There are like 20 of them that range in price from twenty bucks to well over a grand. There is more to Zymol than the cleaner wax you see on the shelf at WalMart.

You are asking for comparisons between different things here. Its like asking if the Camaro or Hummer is a better vehicle. What are you looking for in a product? Durabilty or looks? Zymol is a wax and won`t last longer than a month. NXT is a synthetic that will last much longer than a month. Zaino is also a synthetic that I would pick above the other two choices simply because it is Zaino. :naughty

If you are shopping off the shelf then NXT is a great choice. Much better than the blue Zymol stuff. It has looks and durability and I don`t know that I`ve read any negative reviews that I put much stock in. NXT does exactly what the package says it will do. The fact that it may not look as good as other products is beside the point. It looks great, fills swirls and outlasts carnauba. That beats anything Zymol has made. Zaino does most of that too, but it has a `Z` in it and that makes it even cooler. If I could have made Mullet Wax with the letter `Z` in it somewhere then I probably would have sold twice as much. :naughty lol

oh, and don`t double post in the forums. They all show up on the front page anyway. Posting the same topic in more than one forum does zero good.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. There really is no comparing those products. I`ve seen NXT on that pearl white and I think it looks great. You would probably really like it. Zaino isn`t my favorite thing because it is a little plasticy looking. It makes a pearl white car look like its made out of wax. The only reason that some forums only talk about Zaino is because they are too closed minded to even consider other products. Its true... There are some Zaino users out there that act like they are in some sort of cult and can`t try anything else in fear that it might be better than the almighty Z. The truth is that there are things that look and perform better than Zaino for some people. Its a great product that I`m sure you would be satisfied with, but I`ve seen a lot of Zaino users drop the Z and choose something else after they break away from the cult. There is no such thing as `best`. Only what is best for you. I wouldn`t use Zaino on pearl white. Personally I would use Wolfgang on that or Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection on pearl white, but that`s just me. If you have to pick between the blue Zymol cleaner wax crap or NXT then NXT is the obvious winner. It is one of the better products you can buy off the shelf these days.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Thread Information