Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 09-30-2013

Default Restoring dry leather?

does mothers have something to restore dry leather?

I have noticed it to start cracking in some spots. sadly I bought it in this condition. and now I have moved to Florida and the car is not driven all the time (sits in the sun). it still looks great but is getting hard. is it salvageable?

I am surprised Mothers doesn't have a how to on these things, ... all I saw was one on applying protectant to NEW seats.
Old 09-30-2013

Default Re: Restoring dry leather?

Did you look at Mothers Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner?

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06312.html
Old 09-30-2013
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Restoring dry leather?

Keep in mind the cow is already dead - once the leather cracks, you're not going to get it to grow back together.

We have several youtube how to videos posted on leather. This one uses our new LeatherTech Moisture Infusion Gel Cream, while this one covers the LeatherTech Foaming Wash cleaner. I'd suggest you clean the leather before conditioning.

I'd also suggest you invest in a cover to protect against sun damaging the leather further, if the vehicle is always left outside. Covercraft offers custom fit covers made of materials "Sunbrella" or "WeatherShield", which offer maximum protection from the sun.

A more traditional approach would be the traditional cleaner and traditional like Abnot mentioned.

Welcome to waxforum, BTW.
Closed Thread