Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 06-09-2014

Question Real wood trim

According to the manufacturer (Lincoln), the interior trim in my car (mark viii) is real wood. It's stated that "it is a process in which thin wood veneer is laminated over a composite structure & then a new type of resin is laid over the top to give it the correct finish."

It went on to state that Lexus, Mercedes and Cadillac are all real wood and made the exact same way. This particular process is called "applique" and is quite pricey. All other manufacturers and even the Navigator and other Lincoln products use a plastic wood tone.

My question is what would be the proper product to use on this real wood trim? Would Showtime Instant Detailer be the appropriate choice as that is what I use on the gauge cluster and any other clear plastic pieces? Or would VLR be suitable as that is what I use on my plastic and vinyl dash and door panels?

Sorry for the long/ranting post, pic below to clarify:
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2014
Administrator

Default Re: Real wood trim

I would consider a detailer, like our Showtime, which could also be used on the instrument cluster and other similar surfaces, wood or plastic.

Remember though that you're not treating wood; you're treating the finish on the wood.

If you have wear marks or scratches, try our Plastic Polish or paint care products.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 06-09-2014

Default Re: Real wood trim

No scratches, just want to make sure I use the right stuff to keep the finish like new... As luck would have it I already have the Showtime for my instrument cluster (as you mentioned).

Thank you.
Closed Thread