Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-01-2015

Default Beige Leatherette Interior Care

Hi all!

I just got a VW Passat with cornsilk (beige) leatherette. I have read about issues with dye from jeans and such rubbing off. Do you have a product which would support protecting the leatherette to prevent this rather than having to clean it later?

Also, what do you suggest for the light carpet not covered by the monster mats? And surfaces on doors and such?

Thanks you as this is all new to me!

Stephanie

Last edited by sjt101907; 05-01-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-01-2015
Administrator

Default Re: VW Cornsilk Leatherette Interior Care

Welcome, Stephanie!

You can still use leather care products on the leatherette. Our Mothers Foaming Wash is recommended for jean stains. For conditioning, might I suggest our Leather Cream. If you have perforated inserts, lay any product on very thin.

The important thing is to get to any blue jeans transfer as soon as possible, otherwise it can bake in.

This is one reason why I opted for the black interior on my Passat.

For the light carpet, our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is recommended.

Leather Wash and Leather Cream are available at Pep Boys, Walmart and online. Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is available online.

I wash my Monster Mats with car wash periodically and gently scrub them with a soft wheel brush, rinse, shake them out and let air dry for a while before towel drying. Sometimes I make a mild solution of 1 part of our Protectant to 2 parts water and mist it on the surface and let it dry, then buff off any excess from the raised surfaces so it doesn't make my feet slippery. This helps keep the mats looking new, which on my 2012 with 15,000 miles are approaching 3 years old.

For general purpose cleaning/conditioning, our VLR is great for the door panels, kick panels etc.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 05-01-2015

Thanks for the info. I will get the VLR and carper cleaner.

As far as the seats, the cream is what you suggest to try as a protectant against the dye transfer? I am looking for anything I can put on as a shield kind of on thing on the seats and carpet if there is anything that does that (like a scotch guard type product)

Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2015

Would the "Protectant 05324" work for me?
Closed Thread