Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 07-12-2015

Default Mothers Pro APC vs Carpet/Upholstery cleaner

Would the Mothers Pro APC (in gallons) diluted to 1:10 equivalent to Mothers Carpet and Upholstery cleaner? Or does the Carpet and Upholstery cleaner have other characteristics not in the APC?
Old 07-15-2015
Administrator

Default Re: Mothers Pro APC vs Carpet/Upholstery cleaner

Yes, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is optimized with brighteners and other enhancements for cleaning fabric and carpet.

APC is a good cleaner, and there's a dilution for upholstery, but for optimal results, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will work better under more conditions.

Will you always see a difference? Hard to say.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 07-17-2015

Thanks. I expected that. APC is quite inexpensive.
Old 01-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Yes, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is optimized with brighteners and other enhancements for cleaning fabric and carpet.

APC is a good cleaner, and there's a dilution for upholstery, but for optimal results, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will work better under more conditions.

Will you always see a difference? Hard to say.
I just started using this on a vehicle I recently purchased; I live in New England so the kid's boots with the snow messes up my black mats & upholstery. All weather mats are on the way as I don't like the look of floor liners. But, salt and snow, in my experience, still ends up getting the interior carpet around the edges dirty. I have upholstery cleaner, but not a good brush for it..can you recommend a good brush to use with the upholstery cleaner, that really gets the grit and dirt out of interior carpet?
Old 01-15-2017
Mothers® Polish

While a brush is important (I like our carpet brush, available in our company store or outlets like Amazon), technique is important as well.

Vacuum the area well beforehand. Use the cleaner and brush.

Then, after the area dries, vacuum it again. The cleaner breaks the dirt loose from the fiber. Vacuuming it after cleaning will further remove the contaminants from the area.
Closed Thread