Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 03-01-2018

Default Mothers Leather Wash Foaming Cleaner?

I live in Indiana (Terre Haute) and I've looked religiously for Mothers "Leather WashTM Foaming Cleaner" to no avail. I've used this product before and loved it but now I can't find it anywhere.

Has this been cancelled? I called my local Oreilly's guy to see if he could stock it and he acted like they could but he couldn't find it in their ordering system for some reason. What gives?

Any insight into this would be appreciated and I'd encourage anyone to go and get some (assuming it's not cancelled and you have access to it). It smells great!
Old 03-01-2018

Default Re: Mothers Leather Wash Foaming Cleaner?

Ugh, never mind. I just saw that it's been cancelled. Go figure... What a joke.

https://store.mothers.com/shop/produ...aming-cleaner/
Old 03-01-2018
Mothers® Polish

I may have a few in my secret stash. Would you like me to look and see?

Went to more than a few track meets @ Indiana State for our son. Nice new track and field facility they built a couple years back.
Old 03-01-2018

Hey, Forrest. Yeah, it's an okay school. They're always building something else each month. Ha.

As for the secret treasure you sound like you have, eh, you enjoy it man. Sadly, I think I'll just have to find an alternative but you can sure bet it's not going to be something from Mothers. This constant "all-or-nothing" philosophies that these companies are getting into instead of simply having a one-off product supplier mentality / online form for ordering said one-offs that the few still enjoy is for the birds in today's supposed innovative world.

I mean, c'mon: We can supposedly make cars drive themselves but can't produce an occasional outlier bottle of froth for people that love their leather!? I don't know where the world is going anymore but thanks for the offer.
Old 03-01-2018

Wow!!! Really bummed this has been discontinued, especially because it worked so well . Haven't tried the product recommended in the link above, but is it comparable? I was planning on ordering some more of the foam cleaner next week and another leather cream conditioner... please tell me the conditioner is still available, it works great and smells good too.
Old 03-01-2018

Which product link are you referring to when you say, "Haven't tried the product recommended in the link above?" I'm not seeing any other links besides the one I posted that takes you to the page showing how the product I like got cancelled. I think there might some confusion somewhere?

Anyway, this kind of thing kills me... You're seeing more and more companies come out with fewer and fewer unique products and those few that still come up with an occasional keeper usually cancel them within 6 months without providing a means to allow continued ordering at a smaller scale for those perceived few that like the product being cancelled--at least, that's been my experience these past few years. Maybe I'm just focusing on those few products where this has happened but I doubt it.
Old 03-01-2018

No confusion, the link you posted clearly states "for a great dedicated leather cleaning formula, instead try our Mothers leather cleaner #06412" directly under the statement this item has been discontinued.
Old 03-02-2018

Oooooh... I see what you're talking about now--my bad. Yeah, I haven't tried that stuff either. I sprayed it on my finger once (in the store) to see if it smelled like the other (now discontinued) product did and it didn't.
Closed Thread