Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread
 Page 2 of 2  <  1  2 

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 07-18-2013

Default Re: Mothers VLR Review

Did some testing on my week-and-a-half old black leather interior and got some interesting results. Since the car's arrival, I treated the seats with VLR, and again (probably not ideal), a week later, purely out of boredom. Followed instructions to a tee both times.
Last night, I decided to deviate a little and try something on half a panel on the rear seat. I sprayed a dot on the panel and spread it by hand to "wet" the entire test surface area. I left it for about 15 minutes and came back to it 95% dry/absorbed. I wiped to spread the remaining wet streaks and buffed. To my surprise, the leather came out very very soft. Thinking it was just from it being wet, I checked again early this morning and found it to be just as soft. It didn't "grease" the leather either. It left the same evenly-matte appearance and velvety post treatment feel, just significantly softer.
Any possible adverse effects to doing it this way? Is there such as thing as over-treatment or over-absobtion of the product, having negative effects on the leather in the short term/long term or am I over-thinking this?
Old 07-19-2013
Mothers® Polish

If the product doesn't fully absorb, or get buffed away, you run the risk of it transferring to your clothes when you sit there.

I would stay with following the directions.
Old 11-19-2013

Just got myself another VLR after almost 2 years, first time I used it, I loved its versatility and quality. I still have my Reflections Leather Care, my old VLR still had a few sprays left, but I did the right thing and got myself another VLR. I've forgotten how nice this VLR is... In my humble opinion, this is the best, it really suits many of today's current car interiors since it's mostly a mixture of different materials... Plus it smells real nice...
Old 12-11-2013

I do love the VLR, at first I wasn't sure about the "old man" aftershave scent, but it doesn't last long and the look of the treated surface is very good.
Old 12-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbll View Post
I do love the VLR, at first I wasn't sure about the "old man" aftershave scent, but it doesn't last long and the look of the treated surface is very good.
I thought it was a very light leather like scent.
Old 12-11-2013

It's not overpowering, I find that it highlights that "leather scent" I now prefer this to Reflections Leathercare, which I still have but is getting a bit old.
Old 10-04-2015

I have VLR and can't wait to use it. I have been using Mother's Protectant for a while and I really like it but after readig the reviews here I might enjoy VLR even better. We will see.
Old 10-04-2015

Oh you'll' like it I think. The strong points of VLR is its versatility. The fact that it cleans and conditions is already a big plus, and another bonus is that it can be used on different interior surfaces. Most interiors are made up of different surfaces/textures, in most cases, leather and vinyl and a bit of rubber as well, VLR works great on all those surfaces plus it gives a natural, deep non-oily and non-sticky feel.
Old 10-05-2015

I really like it on leather type steering wheels for one step product.