Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 01-24-2016

Default Choosing Leather Products???

What's the difference/comparison between Leather Wash foaming cleaner vs the Leather Cleaner? And likewise the newer Leather Creme vs the Leather Conditioner? I've used the latter of the products (that have been out for a while) with great results, but haven't tried the newer stuff yet? Do they have a different goal or target audience? Or is it just another product line to make my choise more difficult? LOL Thanks guys.
Old 01-24-2016
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Choosing Leather Products???

They're different types of product. The Leather Conditioner is a more traditional product, and leaves a little shine and slickness. The Leather Cream does not leave a shine or any slickness.

If you want a new vehicle look for leather, Leather Cream is the way to go.

With the cleaners, Foaming Wash seems to clean better on my leather surfaces than the more traditional Leather Cleaner, but it may be different for others with different brands of leather.
Old 01-24-2016

Thanks Forrest. Would you say the new all in one is a good product to use on top of wash/cream for daily and occasional maintenance?
Old 01-25-2016
Mothers® Polish

I would use the new All-in-One over our traditional Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner combo, as a regular/maintenance step.

Since it will have more gloss than Leather Cream, I wouldn't put a shiny over a matte finish, since matte is the finish I prefer. If you're using Leather Cream, just slap another coat of it on until it's time to clean again.
Old 10-14-2016

What tool, or what type brush/applicator would you use for the foaming cleaner? I have heard there are coatings on newer leather seats, so I don't want to damage that with an improper brush or something.
Old 10-14-2016
Mothers® Polish

Most new leathers are coated - the most common exception is the Ford King Ranch pick up.

For the foaming leather cleaner, I would use a microfiber towel or a microfiber covered foam applicator.
Closed Thread