Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-17-2017

Default Vlr cleaner

Need help! How do I clean dried overspray on plastic from the VLR cleaner conditioner?
Old 05-17-2017
Administrator

Default Re: Vlr cleaner

Welcome to Wax Forum!

As you noted, VLR is a cleaner, and it cleans really well as it conditions and protects many interior surfaces.

But as with any cleaner left to dry on its own, it may sometimes etch sensitive surfaces -- this is why we emphasize to spray on a towel to apply it, and buff with a dry towel.

On some transparent plastics such as instrument cluster lenses, it can etch, requiring polishing.

Please email jimd_at_mothers.com and he'll be glad to assist you.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 05-18-2017

Okay, thank you! I have to say though VLR is an excellent product for leather, I was truly satisfied with how well it worked on my seats, dash and arm rests. It gave it that new car feel again. I will just have to be more careful with the application process. Hopefully, Jim can provide me with alternative methods to remove the etching.
Old 05-18-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
-- this is why we emphasize to spray on a towel to apply it, and buff with a dry towel.

On some transparent plastics such as instrument cluster lenses, it can etch, requiring polishing.
Good to know! I have a VLR bottle (red lock) that says spray directly, but the other bottle (silver lock) says to spray on towel. I was not aware of the new suggestion until now. In certain areas of trim I think spraying directly onto the surface allows the product to seep into the various materials and clean the crevices in the grain better. Whereas when using just a towel, I may just be polishing the peak of the grain. I'm careful to follow up any overspray before they dry up anyway, but I see why the instructions have been changed.

Welcome, Boconnor. VLR is easily my favorite interior care product. Effective on practically every surface inside our vehicles. Just as important, it leaves a like-new appearance without being oily and smelly.

The Carpet and Upholstery spray is another favorite of mine as it easily cleans anything from dried baby milk on my carpet to cosmetics on the visors. Heck, I used it just this afternoon, on my living room couch to get rid of a lingering vomit stench where my son got sick a few nights ago!
Old 05-20-2017

It is almost always better to spray on the applicator/towel first. You can use less and it goes where you want.