Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-15-2018

Default Help! What is wrong with the packaging lately and how do I rid this stain?

20180514_172607 by Joe Momma, on Flickr
20180514_172335 by Joe Momma, on Flickr

Over the past 4 months or so, the plastic bottles of various Mothers™ products have been so thin they break during normal use. (The above two are the only ones I have a photo of.)

For the Upholstery Cleaner, what happened was I sprayed to treat a small spot on my seat and a LOAD of cleaner poured on the seat, completely drenching it.

I sopped it up the best I could with a microfiber towel but after it dried, it’s stained. Now how a cleaner can stain fabric is beyond me, but is there a way to get rid of it?
Old 05-15-2018
Administrator

Default Re: Help! What is wrong with the packaging lately and how do I rid this stain?

One of the family here at Mothers has the same seats and has addressed similar “staining.” Re-spray the Carpet & Upholstery and using a soft brush, clean and pat dry with a microfiber towel, changing to dry sides as necessary.

Let me PM you about the bottle problem as I'd like to get more information from you.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 05-25-2018

Default Re: Help! What is wrong with the packaging lately and how do I rid this stain?

Wow! There are a LOT of red bottles on the shelf in my garage and thankfully I've never had this problem.

However .... I have had some plastic caps get brittle and crack on the detergent containers that are above our washing machine. Pretty sure it's because they spend 24/7 very close to fluorescent lights.

'15 Dodge Challenger SRT - B5 Blue
'17 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal
Old 06-19-2018

Tried a lot of products to clean my car's interior including the seats. but only Turtle Wax OXY INTERIOR 1 Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Stain Remover worked.
Closed Thread