Thread: Extractor Hype

Post Thanks / Like

Extractor Hype

Do you need an extractor to do a professional interior detail. So far that is the only piece of the pie that I am lacking and was wondering if there was a way to get around that expense at first? What are the steps it you folks take that do not have an extractor AND is it good enough to be considered profesional?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    was up fireman . in my opinion you need an extractor to do PROFFESIONAL WORK. i realized about 2 mos ago that if i was going to do top notch work i was going to have to do it . i have the 6 gallon mytee and im glad i got it !!! with this model you dont have to refill solution and empty wastewater constantly. another plus is it heats up real fast after a refill maybe 1 minute . its a major marketing tool when selling your services . women love it when you tell them about it . they like things clean!!!!!! i would do it again in a heartbeat. 1300.00 seems like alot but its worth it. when you do a minivan that belongs to a family with a bunch of little kids. youll see what i mean .... everybody is different so im just giving my 2cents worth
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    What techniques do those use that do not have an extractor? What are the results?

Post Thanks / Like
    A low cost alternative to a pro extractor is the bissel Green machine (proheat model) Only $100 or less and works better than by hand and shop vac. Has heated water and decent water lift. Only downside is tank capacity and hose length, otherwise it is well worth its cost. I think beemerboy has 1 as well and likes it also.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    ERLOTT

Your right The Little Green Machine for the weekend deatiler is a great value. It will give you the results that you are looking for a cheaper price than the Mytee. Of course I want the Mytee :wait
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a vehicle that the owner kept complaining about a dog smell. I made the seats/carpet look clean, but I gutted the interior anyway. I soaked the seat covers in a bucket of water/APC and every seat cover turned the water brown. I powerwashed the carpet and it had the same brown water come out of it. They looked clean, but deep down it wasn`t. I`d say an extractor is a must for real cleaning. That said, I still don`t have one.........
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    A extractor is NOT needed at all. It is a luxury. I know a few professionals who have never used an extractor and get great results. For example www.detailingdynamics.com It takes more time, but the results are often better because you have more control. If the carpets don`t get a 100% clean after you have muscled them, suggest a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you arent extracting you are just scrubbing the dirt right back where it came from, if you saw the dirty water that comes out of one you would realize this .
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bigron62
    if you arent extracting you are just scrubbing the dirt right back where it came from, if you saw the dirty water that comes out of one you would realize this .
    Bigron,

I would definitely have to agree with you on this one. I`m sure you can do a fine job with alot of elbow grease, but it in no way can match the cleaning power and results of an extractor.

Post Thanks / Like

Professional detailing ...

If you are detailing for $$$ on a regular basis ,an extractor is a must have in my book. I have a full-time job and an almost full-time detailing business, and I would not be able to participate in the side business without my Mytee extractors. They produce great results in great time, and I have done the shampooing shop-vac route and I have come to the conclusion that an extractor is a MUST have in my situation.

Just my experience...
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean Dean,

That is what I am looking to, start a detailing service as a side job. I really do not want to cut corners with my details because I want appeal to higher end clients. How did you start your client base and how quickly did it spread? What was your primary means of advertising?

Post Thanks / Like

fireman03

Send me a PM this week, and I will let you know my history in the detailing biz...
    No buff to tuff

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fireman! If you are worried about the up-front expense of the big ones, how about forking over for The Little Green Machine until you can build yourself a little detailing "nest egg"?
    You`ll have the best of lots of worlds: mostly professional results, cheaper initial cost, and a great appreciation for the hassles of a short hose and small capacity once your cash reserves allow for the Mytee.!
    Then you could show you`re charitable side and donate the green machine to a "truly dedicated amatuer weekender"!! :hungry
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great advice, although somewhat JADED! :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling

Post Thanks / Like
    fireman in my last thread i was saying having an extractor is the way to go. also thanks to shared experiances here i also purchased a porter cable r.,o. polisher and that thing is awesome . if you stay on this forum for awhile your detailing will go to the professional level .im learning new stuff all the time here
    back in buisness baby

Thread Information