Thread: Buying a PC

Post Thanks / Like

Buying a PC

I`ve done some searching on here about pc`s and decided that it`s time to get one. I`m gonna pick the one up at Lowe`s but have a few questions. What else do I need to get with it? Will that have the right backing plate. I think the model # is 7336. I searched on here for a few days looking at past posts but still am a little confused Thanks for the help everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    USING A PC

Check out this excellent link. As a beginner, I would not recommend you get into anything that cuts too heavy, such as the cutting pads and various compounds. Buy about 3-4 "polishing" pads, which will remove many minor defects and leave a great shine, and 2 finshing pads to apply waxes. I think you might find yourself using the polishing pad most of the time. I also think flat pads like Meguires are easier for a newbie because you don`t have to think about how much pressure to apply- just let the machine do the work. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

PC

Checkout coastaltool.com, they have an awsome price on the porter-cable. Got my PC with the velcro backing plate included and shipped for $119.99. Can`t beat it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC

Originally posted by rp1821
    Checkout coastaltool.com, they have an awsome price on the porter-cable. Got my PC with the velcro backing plate included and shipped for $119.99. Can`t beat it.
    you might wanna rethink that, lowe`s has it for $109.99, not sure what it comes with but I think it has the foam backing pad as well plus no shipping cost...only if your near a lowes though

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thats a great price! But, if it does not include the backing plate, that is another $20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, that was an excellent link, thanks a lot!!
    I know that the model at Lowe`s does not have the backing plate and I`m not sure if they sell it there. It might be just as easy to buy the complete kit with some pads included. No where around locally that has any pads. Thanks for the help, I `ll give an update with what I get.

Thread Information